User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joining Full-Time Roster at end of May

Well, finally looks like it's going to happen....

Have not posted on forums since last Fall, and a knee replacement had me holding my breath for a few months to see how the recovery went and whether or not we could attempt our RV life dream. But, knee is good to go, house sold a couple weeks ago (after 1 day on market, yikes!), and settlement is end of May. Suddenly, it seems there is not enough time to prepare, despite having done so to various degrees over past couple years. Joined Escapees a year ago, setting up their mail service now, and making hard decisions on getting rid of the last 10% of stuff in house (and re-evaluating stuff we had already boxed up to save and store long term.) Got reservations and trip planned through mid-July, and wintering spot reserved in Tucson, AZ. Despite all that, still a bundle of nerves to go along with the excitement of our next phase.

Crossing our fingers...
    ============
    Norm and Mary Ann

2017 F-350 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW Diesel, Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Kit
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, Nov. 2016 Build
    Andersen Ultimate 3220 Hitch

Full-Timing as of June 2018!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats...
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, and welcome to the lifestyle.

A couple of changes I have noticed over the last few years so I am going to add a couple of things to your to do list.

TSA has been working with banks to help curtail terrorist funding. As a result of this it is more difficult to open bank/investment accounts. I would open a new account with a nationwide bank and put just enough money in it to keep from paying fees. It's strictly a contingency.

Carry more than one type of credit card. We have had our card number stolen about every 18 months. Not a big deal, call the bank, tell them the charge we didn't make and the ones we did make. They close the account and send us new cards. Not a problem, except it takes effort to get the new cards, we either have to stay in place long enough for them to get there, or get them forwarded via the mail service. Sometimes it's only a day or so, some times it's a couple of weeks. If you are planning on going to Canada open a new card that does not have international fees before you leave the sticks and bricks behind. Ditto passport if don't already have them.

Watch major holidays, we are finding more and more the places we want to go are booking solid for holiday weekends.

Remember the decluttering rules: If you haven't touched it in a year you don't need, unless it holds great sentimental value.

Enjoy your travels.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your adventure! We are looking forward to that day. For now, we are working full-time and practicing retirement in the Solitude you see below this. I am excited for you!

Gary, Deborah & Boo Kitty Girl Westoby
    2016 Grand Design Solitude ST 379 FL (Beautiful Behemoth)
    Purchased in 2019
    Rosie (the Riveter) 2019 Ram Limited Dually, Bright White
    Reese 20K M5 5th Wheel Hitch
    Retirement for Deborah 12.31.20 / Gary 5.31.21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all.

For Dallas, thanks for the tips. Had seen you post them on another thread I think, and they are good. Thankfully, I'm pretty ahead of those things at least, have a good national bank that is good on catching unusual activity on my credit card, and passports still good for several years. Have been following Chuck Woodbury's newsletter for a while, and Greg Gerber's before he retired, and was aware and concerned about lack of camping spots in campgrounds during holidays, so tried to nail them down first. So far, so good there, assuming no repair or other disruptions...not like they're going to happen, right? :-)
    ============
    Norm and Mary Ann

2017 F-350 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW Diesel, Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Kit
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, Nov. 2016 Build
    Andersen Ultimate 3220 Hitch

Full-Timing as of June 2018!