User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh tank hanger issue

Hi all a routine inspection of the underside of our 2018 Imagine 2950RL revealed the fresh tank pushing out the underliner and obviously loose on the starboard side. Sucks because we are far from home and on a long trip. Calls to the dealer Friday afternoon went unanswered. My gut tells me not to travel before a repair. Ideas? PS we never traveled with anything but an empty fresh tank. Warranty should cover it I hope.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dang Craig - Welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear you're having this problem. If it really is starting to fall out, it will certainly be covered by warranty. If you don't hear back from your dealer soon, try calling GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 and see if they can help you with a mobile repair tech or other service center.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say if it's empty, it will.make it home fine resting on the coroplast. If it's really falling out , get a roll of plumbers strap tape and run a couple strips under the area where it is to get you to a dealer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A no tools required repair: Get to a hardware store and by a ratchet strap and attach it side to side across the frame under the tank. That should keep the tank from falling out. Oh and Capt. Obvious just told me to mention that the tank should remain empty.

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-duty-Ra.../dp/B01LFJB5XU
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge thanks to all who replied. Please let.me vent a bit about my GD experience. Warranty issue 1 was a month or so ago when I discovered there was a furnace tube left disconnected from the factory. I found it by removing the drawers. Dealer repaired no arguments. This factory defect was because the rear fresh tank support had never been connected with the self-threading screws as required. I and the repair guy found that out after pulling the coroplast off the underside. GD you need to up your game on factory QC. We jacked the fresh tank back up, screwed the missing screws in place and (better) than new!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Craig - Thanks for the update. Is there any chance you took pictures of the defect and how you repaired it?

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all another question. Seems the front "V" decorative lights are remaining on while camped (full hookup). Is there a switch somewhere? Doesn't bother me but it may the neighbors. Not the awning lights switch I
    know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a thorough search I found the switch for the Imagine front lights! It is located in the port side storage behind the area light fixture. I likely bumped it on awhile back and you cannot see it easily from the storage door.