User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Satellite Hookup and Jensen DVD/Stereo

I took delivery of a 2018 Solitude 373FB. I have hooked up my DirecTV satellite with ease to the bedroom. The connection for the living room is another story...

1) The unit comes with a Jensen DVD/Stereo system. Grand Design does not provide the manual (I Googled and others are stating the same issue)
    2) In the cabinet above where the TV comes up out of the cabinet are the cable connections, one for cable/air, the other for satellite.
    3) The cable provided goes into (behind) the cabinet and plugs directly into the sealed Jensen DVD/Stereo, which does not allow the satellite signal to pass thru to the TV. (Our satellite box has no cable output, only HDMI, like most, if not all satellite boxes have)
    4) There is no HDMI cable in the cabinet that allows you to plug into the satellite box. (Why in 2018 this is not provided is beyond me...)

So the only way to use my satellite, is to either have an HDMI cable run out the door of the cabinet or pay $250 for a wireless HDMI cable.

Why there is no manual for the Jensen unit is a question... as well as why satellite hookup instructions are not shown anywhere in my Solitude manual (except for one picture that says attach satellite cable in the water inlet area.

Am I missing something / has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you hook up your satellite??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our setup may be a little different than yours 2017 377mbs...we have directtv with genie. Main receiver in living room. Way ours is hooked up: satelite coax to sat receiver- hdmi out to hdmi in on tv (drilled small hole in cabinet to run hdmi cable behind receiver and tv. Red/white rca cables from tv audio out to AUX input on Jenson stereo or could do optical audio out from sat receiver to optical input (Aux) on Jenson receiver
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our model, the Jensen stereo is completely sealed. There is no way to plug anything into it at all.

Also, in the era of satellite TV and HDMI hookups, you should not have to drill a hole thru a cabinet and a fireplace top to get TV hooked up...
    Why offer a flatscreen HD TV and not be able to hook it up?

Poor planning for the design group.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does yours not have the cable routing frame out to the back left of the TV area?

They added them last year in the 310GKR (which shares the same set up as the 373FB) to run cables from the top to the bottom TV area.

There should be a box out about 3 inches square in the left corner.

Should look like this.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-Solitude-373FB-P110574-38-683x1024.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... but there is no hole in the cabinet, and the hole behind the TV where the cables from the Jensen DVD/Stereo is almost 5" from the left edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this in the brochure that came with my 2018 344Gk. Glad to know they don't supply the manual. I thought they missed my unit Our Jensen is a JWM70A. asaelectronics.com/manuals. You should be able to find yours at this website.
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a JWM70a also and downloaded and printed the PDF. Its still junk. Still can't figure out why when I stick a USB stick in it turns the tv on at full volume. Might as well have an 8track.
    2013 Ram 2500 CC,SB, 2018 Solitude 310GK, Andersen Ultimate2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huge321 View Post
    I took delivery of a 2018 Solitude 373FB. I have hooked up my DirecTV satellite with ease to the bedroom. The connection for the living room is another story...

1) The unit comes with a Jensen DVD/Stereo system. Grand Design does not provide the manual (I Googled and others are stating the same issue)
    2) In the cabinet above where the TV comes up out of the cabinet are the cable connections, one for cable/air, the other for satellite.
    3) The cable provided goes into (behind) the cabinet and plugs directly into the sealed Jensen DVD/Stereo, which does not allow the satellite signal to pass thru to the TV. (Our satellite box has no cable output, only HDMI, like most, if not all satellite boxes have)
    4) There is no HDMI cable in the cabinet that allows you to plug into the satellite box. (Why in 2018 this is not provided is beyond me...)

So the only way to use my satellite, is to either have an HDMI cable run out the door of the cabinet or pay $250 for a wireless HDMI cable.

Why there is no manual for the Jensen unit is a question... as well as why satellite hookup instructions are not shown anywhere in my Solitude manual (except for one picture that says attach satellite cable in the water inlet area.

Am I missing something / has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you hook up your satellite??
    I have the same Jensen unit. On the back is an HDMI connector for the DVD output to the TV. Just used that cable from your satellite box to the TV and select the TVs HDMI input. Problem solved.

Taking it a step further, get an HDMI switch to select either the Jensen DVD output or the Satellite output to the TV.
    sample switch.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure why some say the Jensen unit is sealed. It comes out of the cabinet pretty easy and all the connections are available on the rear.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need the manual it can be had at - asaelectronics.com/manuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by huge321 View Post

2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!