User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps on our 337RSL about six weeks ago. We are out and about with our RV so they get used everyday. We love them. My wife has said several time that she is glad I bought them. She has no problem with pulling them out, nor with folding them up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the solid steps & are use to them. We store our trailer at home so don't have the problem with tight spaces there. We have always wiped, or swept off our steps (folding or otherwise) when we stow them & have a landing mat inside the trailer & a grass mat that I fold up under the stowed steps that catch any thing I missed. Get very little crud inside of the trailer, even in rain & snow events. Once folded up there is really no where for them to go with the door closed, as they are against the jam. They do take some getting use to, but we are not averse to change, & the dog loves 'em. Haven't noticed a problem in rest areas or wide spots, but I could see this as a problem at times. At 67 I'm still young enough to lift the 20-25 lbs. But this too may be a problem later on because of the abuse to my back when I was younger.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at both the Glow Steps and the Step Above. With the DW being vertically challenge, our driveway having a slope and the storage lot being rather tight for winter storage, the Glow Steps could check all the boxes.

With the coach at home in the sloped driveway, we determined the DW could not reach and deploy the steps safely. The close quarters of the storage lot also did not permit the deployment of the Solid Step.

The Lippert and Morryde products seem to have a marginally more solid feel but for the aforementioned reasons we chose the Glow Steps. We have not been disappointed in our decision. They provide the additional step with the shorter rise, remove the bounce from the OEM aluminum steps and feel very solid under foot. We have not found a campsite (driveway either) that the adjustability has not been able to accommodate.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    We did not get the handrail. The OEM handrail seems to be just fine for us
    We looked at the handrail at the Tampa show and it did not call at me or feel any more substantial than the folding rail attached to the trailer so we left it there
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    My wife and I were leaning towards the Lippert steps, and had even ordered two sets. Both arrived damaged, so we gave up the quest. We reviewed the Glow Steps and really liked them. I put a set on two weeks ago, and everyone who has walked on them so far, likes them a bunch. Very solid (and I'm not a small guy), and the dogs are a little more at ease with them vs the factory steps. They were a little more than what I had paid for the Lipperts, but I like that I don't have a gap that I have to try and cover from where the factory steps were, and that they are easy in and out. Great product, easy install.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps on my 2016 303. Made that as part of the deal to install the steps. Was part of my birthday present to myself. Had them for 2 yrs now would not have an RV without them.
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the Torklift on our 367BHS. The bottom step on the factory step was quite a bit off the ground. Very easy to install, much more stable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2016 Ram 3500 CTD
    2018 Reflection 367BHS
    Reese Goosebox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Torklift but wish they would have a sale on these things!!! They are pricey for sure but do seem to be quite nice. I may have to wait until a rally special price...
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for an oportunity to try the steps you have in mind before purchasing. Any of the four step versions with legs to the ground will be more solid under foot. We thought we would want this . . . until we tried it at the Rally. With the standard 3 step, we can both reach the door handle to open the door before stepping onto the first step. With the four step, it was up one step, open the door, down one step, swing the door, then up the steps. We decided to stay with the OE steps.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also installed the Torklift Revolution Glowsteps on our 2018 307MKS. In addition we added the safe step nylon insert at the back of the steps so our small dogs would not possibly slide between the steps. My wife has also thanked me for installing these as a replacement to the stock aluminum steps. She likes that they are lighter to raise and lower along with the stability of the adjustable pads on the lowest step. We also installed the Stromberg Carlson Lend A Hand Extended RV Handle; (https://www.strombergcarlson.com/rv-...ed-assist-rail) which helps with the longer steps.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast