User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde Step Above vs Lippert Solid Step vs Glowstep Revolution????? Discuss!

My wife has stated that we ARE upgrading to one of these but I am trying to figure out which one.

Is the 303RLs floor "strong" enough to support the MORryde or Lippert ones or do you need to add a "backer plate" from underneath to distribute the force?
    Jay & Alice
    2015 303RLS #711
    2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel Crewcab
    Bedford, Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been reported that the Lippert Solid Step is not compatible with the 303RLS because there is not sufficient room at the bottom of the bedroom steps for proper stowage of the Solid Step when retracted inside the trailer. You might want to check this out.

...VTX-Al

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay -In the 2015 303s the steps up to the bedroom do not extend past the entry door . . . as they do on later models, so steps that lift into the doorway would work. I have never heard of anyone having to reinforce the floor for any of the different step designs. The steps to the bedroom were extended to go from a two step rise to the bedroom to a 3 step because some were having problems with the 10" rise of the original steps. This does raise the question of why you are changing the outside steps? If it is because the rise of each step is too much, you may have to look into changing your inside steps as well. Several on this forum have done this and provided details of their projects.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak to the steps that lift up into the entry door but we put the Torklift GlowStep Revolution steps on our 5th wheel. I had no problem with the original OEM steps but my wife wanted the 4 step system with less rise between the steps (compared to the factory 3 steps). She also really likes the fact that the bottom step has support legs that touch the ground. It makes the steps much more stable. So, the new steps are a big deal to my wife. I like them as well but I don't think I would have spent the money (they aren't cheap) if it was up to me alone to decide.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the Hershey RV show last fall we walked in and out of dozens of 5th wheels. Every time we walked up one that had the Lippert Solid Steps we were impressed. We really liked the extra wide step at the top which the MORryde Step Above doesn't have. If I were to choose between the MORryde and Lippert steps it would definitely be the Lippert. Haven't tried the Torklift steps but they seem expensive in comparison.
    John, Heidi and our 2 Cocker Spaniels Venus & Big Papi
    2016 Relfection 30BH 5th wheel
    2016 F350 SRW CC SB 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    Pullrite Superglide with Superrails

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my GlowSteps, and would not even consider the solid step for 2 reasons: 1. The debris that will be carried into your RV when folded. 2. Worry about a brace coming loose in transport and getting a face full of step when I open my door at my destination.
    Some concerns posted by others are the weight of the step to lift into the RV, the area to deploy these steps is far greater and do not work for the ones that store their rigs in tight spaces and need access to their rig. Keeping in mind, you cannot access your door without deploying the solid steps.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about the floor, but another big question would be is the door frame substantial enough. We have met a couple people whos SOB trailer came with the Solid step and had to replace the door (fun for full timers) because of issues with the door framing caused by the step.
    Things to take into to consideration with the solid type step is always needing enough room to drop the stowed steps while on the road or stored, dumping rain water inside during bad weather and dirt anytime. If you have any physical limitations the solid step may be more difficult. I played with them at the rally and between being shorter and having back issues they are off my list. When we upgrade to another GD I don't even want it delivered with those on.

We have the Glow step Revolution on our 2014 303 and really like them. Easy to install and you can adjust tension if pulling them out is to difficult.
    I (Marcy) did not want them at first, I wanted the porta deck with steps but we won the glow steps in a drawing so on the 303 they went. Have had them for over a year now and we both really like them very much. They are so adjustable and feel every bit as solid as the solid step. The biggest plus for me is they are easier on my back than the solid step is
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 337 (used) the Lippert Solid Steps were installed and the OEM steps were still there as well. We were very impressed with the solid steps although we didn't particularly like stowing them on the inside of the door; my wife is much tidier than I am. Unfortunately, as soon as we got home and parked our trailer in storage we couldn't get in the door because the Lippert Solid Step requires about 4 ft clearance to put them down and we only had 3 ft available. That would also be a problem in some of the rest areas we've parked in, but less often. I took the Solid Steps off and we used the OEM steps for a while but we didn't like them and our dogs really didn't like them. So, we put on the TorkLift GloStep and we (and our dogs) have been very happy with them; they're worth the cost in my opinion.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anybody with the Glowsteps also get handrail from Torklift? It looks like an erector set to me?
    Jay & Alice
    2015 303RLS #711
    2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel Crewcab
    Bedford, Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did not get the handrail. The OEM handrail seems to be just fine for us
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS