Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capture Plate

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capture Plate

Hi all. I’m going the 28th of April to pick up my new Reflection 28BH. Before hand I need to pick up a capture plate to mount to he pin box to work on my PullRite Autoslide. The pin box says it’s a model #1621. Here’s my problem, looking at Pullrites website it shows three options for that pin box. Does anyone else use this setup? If so what are the measurements?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topic has come up a few times over the years and this thread has good information: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...hlight=capture

I suspect the correct capture plate is 331704 as this is the one most of us with the std. LCI 1621 pin box. Call Pullrite @ 800-443-2307 to verify......they have responsive and knowledgeable customer service folks. I just talked with them a couple weeks ago asking about changing out the feet on my Superglide to lower the hitch to accommodate the new rails for the GM fifth wheel/gooseneck hitch package.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    This topic has come up a few times over the years and this thread has good information: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...hlight=capture

I suspect the correct capture plate is 331704 as this is the one most of us with the std. LCI 1621 pin box. Call Pullrite @ 800-443-2307 to verify......they have responsive and knowledgeable customer service folks. I just talked with them a couple weeks ago asking about changing out the feet on my Superglide to lower the hitch to accommodate the new rails for the GM fifth wheel/gooseneck hitch package.

Dan
    Dan, thanks for the info. I wasn’t too sure as they show three plates that’ll work on that pin box. Since the dealer is over a hour away from me without Southern California traffic I’m going to try to call and have the salesman measure the pin box but I’m not too sure he’s very competent in using a tape measure.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Pullrite with a capture plate for my 2018 Reflection 303 for the LCI 1621 pin box. Same as above Pullrite #331704.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    I have the Pullrite with a capture plate for my 2018 Reflection 303 for the LCI 1621 pin box. Same as above Pullrite #331704.
    Thanks for the info. I’ll go with it!

Any issues with it that you’ve had? Coming loose or does it feel pretty tight? I had a Mor Ride pin box on my last 5er and the plate bolted to it so it was a tight fit with no issues. I’m a little uncertain about this type of plate and how it mounts to the pin box.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is held in place with a screw that is tightened using an allen wrench then locked with a 3/4 nut. Had ours 3 months , has come loose twice and fell off once...I check it every trip now

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the Nylon "block" for the set screw/nut, and made one exactly out of a piece of Aluminum. Works great, and never has come loose. I had this same set up on my other 5er, for 6 years without issues also.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    I took the Nylon "block" for the set screw/nut, and made one exactly out of a piece of Aluminum. Works great, and never has come loose. I had this same set up on my other 5er, for 6 years without issues also.
    I like this idea. I’m just not a fan of “universal” type set ups. I suppose once the trailer is hooked to the truck even if the plate was to come loose it really wouldn’t make a difference being the weight of the trailer pinching it between the hitch and pin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to do the same aluminum block mod Steve described but after the first two trips, ours has remained tight and secure with the nylon block. I did take mine off after the first trip to take to the dealer so it has been installed, removed and retightened once...and been fine ever since. I keep the wrenches I need for it in the trailer and check it each time I move it. So far, so good...no additional attention needed.

My 1621 pinbox on my 303 required the 12 3/4 plate, #331704. I was able to measure before I purchased it but it was the plate my hitch installer said was the only one they had supplied. The larger plate doesn't seem to be as common.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    I was going to do the same aluminum block mod Steve described but after the first two trips, ours has remained tight and secure with the nylon block. I did take mine off after the first trip to take to the dealer so it has been installed, removed and retightened once...and been fine ever since. I keep the wrenches I need for it in the trailer and check it each time I move it. So far, so good...no additional attention needed.

My 1621 pinbox on my 303 required the 12 3/4 plate, #331704. I was able to measure before I purchased it but it was the plate my hitch installer said was the only one they had supplied. The larger plate doesn't seem to be as common.
    Thanks for that input. Hearing this from a few of you makes me feel better. I went ahead and purchased the 331704 plate. I’ll know next Saturday how it goes. I wasnt able to measure myself when we’re there as we didn’t think we were going to go through with the deal. But the day after we left the dealer they called and accepted my offer after all so I won’t see the trailer again till we pick it up as the dealer is an hour away.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast