User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfort in the Library

I was contemplating this the other day while I was sitting in my library. While the "chair" I was sitting on was comfortable, being elongated, the chair in our Springdale isn't. It crossed my mind that the commode they install in the Momentum we're just a few short months from ordering will most likely be the same. Uncomfortable. I did some checking online and it seems the 2 biggest players in the elongated RV commode business is Dometic (which BTW merged with SeaLand) and Thetford. Both seem to have comparable china, deep bowl, elongated commodes. Looking at the reviews for both, in models with similar price points, neither stood out above the other. The ones I was looking at were in the $200. - $300. price range. Thetford does have a higher end model with electronic, remote control flush, but it was pushing $600. A bit above my price range.

Has anyone swapped out their commodes for a more "male friendly" model? And are there any recommendations out there? Like I said, we're still a few months from ordering our 351M, but I'd like to get some input to make an informed decision.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Funny but I posted a similar thread last year specifically disappointing in the depth of the front of the bowl (if you get my drift). Any, I replaced mine last summer while we were on the road with a new Dometic. Wow, night and day improvement.

Here's what I installed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul,
    Did you go for the professional installation for $152.09? 😁

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Paul,
    Did you go for the professional installation for $152.09? ��
    Ah, hell no! 15 minute job. I still need to mount a clip to hold the sprayer though
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the same 320 in white in our 337RLS. That had to be the fastest toilet change in history. It took longer to unbox it then it did to install it. That is top on the list of "Best, easy to install mod". The other list "Best most difficult to install mod" would be "Cheep Heat"
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Funny but I posted a similar thread last year specifically disappointing in the depth of the front of the bowl (if you get my drift). Any, I replaced mine last summer while we were on the road with a new Dometic. Wow, night and day improvement.

Here's what I installed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Glad it worked out for you Paul

An earlier discussion for you John (LV)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...6-Toilet-Talk?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the responses! The Dometic 320 was the one I was leaning towards as the Thetford seemed to have more valve complaints than the Dometic (I do take online reviews with a grain of salt) and I didn't like the location of the pedal. Seems like it would be an ankle banger or toe stubber . Also, Paul hates Thetford, that's gotta count for something...LOL. After reading Paul's response I went looking and found his thread from last year. Good information, and I see I'm not the only one. I was also debating the sprayer, but after thinking about it, I can see its usefulness as sometimes things do, uh, stick. My only other concern was the 11" offset, but if y'all have installed this unit, that obviously is of no consequence.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]