User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Martin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Martin

This might be old news to most of the people out there but I read on the FB Grand Design Reflection Owners page that Bill Martin has left Grand Design. But that Emily Stanly has come over from Lippert to work with the customer service group.
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too heard yesterday from another of our GDRV dealers in our region that Bill was leaving (has left apparently) but he did not know any detail as to why and what Bill will be doing now. This probably explains why Bill has not responded to an email I sent to him a few days ago.......he was always prompt at responding.

Many on this forum have shared how helpful and good it was to work with Emily Staley (maybe the same Emily ?)on the greasy brakes issue so it seems she s/b a welcome addition.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! that's kind of big news. And not being on facebook we did not know. We're going to miss Bill at the rally. Curiosity has me wondering where he went and why.

Emily Stahley is a great addition and a hard working lady.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all true, hopefully Emily left Lippert in some good hands.... hmmm. Not all were as helpful as her!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's the announcement posted on 4/17 about it on FB from Tom Holt of GD:

"Today, we say good bye to Bill Martin. Bill has decided to move on from Grand Design and pursue other opportunities. We wish Bill the best in his future endeavors. Bill is leaving the marketing department and his connections with our Grand Design family in very good hands. The level of service and personal connection you have received is only going to get better from here."

And the one posted yesterday from Tom about himself:

"I guess I have some pretty big shoes to fill and trust to build with each and everyone of you. Last night reading all the comments regarding Bill got me to thinking. I never introduced myself or invited you all to get to know me. Well that is about to change...

Hi my name is Tom Holt and I am a marketing guy with Grand Design. I am married to a wonderful understanding woman (who took my phone away last night at 9:00 PM after speaking with Bill Martin's wife) named Patty. I have five teenage children, a cat, dog and a turtle. I live for the outdoors and time with my family.

Professionally, I have been the RV related industry for over 20 years in all different kinds of roles related to marketing from customer engagement to product management so I have a deep understanding of both the emotion and the mechanics of being an RV'er today.

How did I get here? Bill as a marketing guy recognized he need help as this group exploded and he recognizes talent when he sees it. One thing he especially liked was my experience with social media and how I have used the platform to improve the customer experience not just on Facebook but also Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and through blogs. You see he was grooming me to engage with the group and help him take things to the next level.

What made Bill awesome was he drank the Grand Design Kool-aide and the fully accepted the culture that Don, Bill and Ron created when they started Grand Design. Bill was the face for 1200 team members who also have drank the Kool-aide and wake up everyday and come to work towards the goal of creating customers for life. What Bill in his role of Director of Marketing really did was assisted in the communication between you and the rest of the team he was a bridge. It was still the customer service team or the sales team that either got you the answers, or resolved your problem.

Okay that's all great Tom but what are you going to do for me, why should I trust you. That's a great question. I am going to continue to facilitate that communication between you all and the team, you see I drank the Kool-aide too. I am going to get more of the Grand Design team to not just Monitor the group but to engage. We are going to add resources like Emily Stahley and we are going to develop tools and processes to help communication, train and enhance your ownership experience.

I am inviting you into my world both professionally and personally. I look forward to developing the deep connections with you that Bill had and earning the admiration that you exhibited yesterday for Bill. If you have questions or you want have something I can assist you with send me a private message with your contact information. Sorry it was so long but I think it all needed to be said.

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements and news about how Grand Design plans to once again raise the bar in marketing, customer service and social media."

And an earlier one (4/13) from him about Emily:

"As our company continues to grow so does our loyal family. To better support and stay connected to our existing family as well as our future ones we are expanding our customer support team.

We credit our success and growth to remaining close with all of you. By listening and being here to support our family we can continue to improve quality, design and enhance your ownership experience.

Please help us welcome Emily Stahley, a name many of you will be familiar with to our team. Emily has worked closely with us as part of LCI’s service support team. We are excited to have such an experienced and talented industry veteran assist us in taking our “customer connection” to an even higher level.

We are dedicated to not only maintaining these connections but deepening them with a more personal engagement. Not just on Facebook and our Owners Forum but the other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. We want you to put a face with Grand Design; which, is why over the next few weeks you will see an increased presence and activity from our team members.

Over the course of the next year you will see many new avenues for communication, new resources and fun interactions all focused on you across multiple social media platforms. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to private message either myself or Emily."
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was announced on several facebook Grand Design groups a few days ago. I also noticed that Bill is still monitoring some of those groups as late as this morning.....that he's given the thumbs up response to several posts although he didn't make any comments. I suspect that there's probably a week or so overlap where he's still there but taking the back seat position while Tom Holt of GD and Emily Stahley are taking the front seat positions. Just my guess on that, based on how we did those kind of transitions in the company that I worked for.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess they are not taking the Non-FBers seriously At least yet.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I guess they are not taking the Non-FBers seriously At least yet.
    Actually, I communicated with Tom and Emily privately last night and invited both of them to start becoming more active on this forum. They are still getting settled in, but plan to do so.

JIm

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Actually, I communicated with Tom and Emily privately last night and invited both of them to start becoming more active on this forum. They are still getting settled in, but plan to do so.

JIm
    Great! Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be willing to put up a bet he was tired of all the text's, phone calls, and e-mails lately because of all the junk Grand Design has been building lately. My brand new 310GK Solitude hasn't even been out once yet, and there has been probably 40 hours in warranty work done, it needs the paint to be completely redone that Precision did, and now a new roof because they cut it with a knife when removing the masking paper. I was told quote" Grand Design's warranty has almost tripled lately because of workmanship".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast