Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Lippert Center Point suspension

Can anyone share reviews of the Lippert Center Point Suspension upgrade system that uses the air bag system? I am taking delivery of a 310GK in the next couple of weeks and would like to have installed prior delivery so that it is covered by the warranty. Still indecisive if it is a valued upgrade. Thanks for any info you can share.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I've seen anyone with that installed on their units. In theory, it looks like it would provide a pretty decent ride. If you decide to go with it, can you please update us on the installation and ride characteristics you see?

Jim

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main drawback I see is that this system still uses solid axles. That means there's no way to do a true alignment (caster, camber, toe, etc.). All that can be done is to try to get the axles perpendicular to the center-line of the trailer and parallel to each other. Bent axle or spindle (and a number of units have come from the factory that way)... replace the whole axle.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks to be an airbag version of the Lippert or Dexter cushion equalizers that are likely standard on the 5th wheel you are buying. From the video, they certainly have a softer cushioning, but this means more suspension travel. I note that the rig in the video has dampers (shock absorbers) and these will not be on your GDRV product. Are these also required with this suspension? I have also never seen one of these systems in real life . . . the website seems to infer that this is new technology (at least for LCI). As Jim says . . . let us know how this works out if you get this system installed.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS