User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what’s the ballpark cost for these guys on a 4 wheel job? Anybody know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post

Complete parts kit was $1400 delivered from http://www.stopyourtrailer.com and local labor was $600 in Tampa Florida

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post

If you have them do it, it's approx. $1,200 an axle. I paid $3200 for triple axle but I hear it's up around $3,400 to $3,600 now, depending on where you're located. They travel all over the US and go to many of the RV rallys. So once you contact them it is possible they may be closer to you at a rally for some other brand other than Grand Design.

If you clicked on the link that I provided in one of my posts above in this thread, you'll see the photos where they come and set up where ever you're at. They bring their own table, all the parts, equipment, tools, etc. and they're set up in about twenty minutes.....I mean they get after it. A few hours later (depending on if it's two or three of them) they're done and have already cleaned everything up. They offer to have you hook up and go down the road for a test brake ride. It's a huge difference and you'll notice the difference the very first time you tap the brakes.

I had to turn my controller down from 9 to 5 and could turn it down to 4 but I really like that feeling of the trailer stopping the truck.

By the way, very nice 55 you have there. That brings back memories.....I'd like to see more of that.

I was told at the RV Maint. Tech school that I attended that Performance Trailer Braking is the only one that has all parts used from one mfg.....Titan. They sell the kits or they'll come to you.

https://performancetrailerbraking.com/disc-brakes
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this topic has morphed into a discussion about disc brake installation . . . there are many different ways to do this. One of the key differences is where and how the hydraulic lines are run.

Some use one drop hose from the body to the axle and then across the axle to the other brake. Some use a drop from the frame to each brake. There are pros and cons for each of these methods.

It is easiest for the installer to run the chassis brake lines on the underside of the coroplast. This means that these brake lines will have to be moved and maybe disassembled to drop the coroplast. Some owners are OK with this and others want the hydraulic lines up along the side of the frame rail so that they will not have to be moved when other service work needs to be done. This is more complex and time consuming for the installer.

If you are planning an upgrade to disc brakes, talk to the kit supplier and the installer ahead of time to make sure that the installation will be what you are expecting.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    If you have them do it, it's approx. $1,200 an axle. I paid $3200 for triple axle but I hear it's up around $3,400 to $3,600 now, depending on where you're located. They travel all over the US and go to many of the RV rallys. So once you contact them it is possible they may be closer to you at a rally for some other brand other than Grand Design.

If you clicked on the link that I provided in one of my posts above in this thread, you'll see the photos where they come and set up where ever you're at. They bring their own table, all the parts, equipment, tools, etc. and they're set up in about twenty minutes.....I mean they get after it. A few hours later (depending on if it's two or three of them) they're done and have already cleaned everything up. They offer to have you hook up and go down the road for a test brake ride. It's a huge difference and you'll notice the difference the very first time you tap the brakes.

I had to turn my controller down from 9 to 5 and could turn it down to 4 but I really like that feeling of the trailer stopping the truck.

By the way, very nice 55 you have there. That brings back memories.....I'd like to see more of that.

I was told at the RV Maint. Tech school that I attended that Performance Trailer Braking is the only one that has all parts used from one mfg.....Titan. They sell the kits or they'll come to you.

https://performancetrailerbraking.com/disc-brakes
    Thanks for the info.

55 is still just a dream. Almost bought one last year. I’ll have one one day. That and a 68 C-10.

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12