User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound bar added to current TCL TV

Just like most others, we are not a fan of the sound system in the new 337, however, hated to discard everything. Saw the TCL had an ARC HDMI and figured this was workable. Also didn't want to mess with a separate Subwoofer so in comes the Yamaha sound bar with built in subs! Quick trip to Costco and for only $140 plus tax we had one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5458.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	12394
    We had to raise the TV mount 1 inch to allow for the sound bar and the velcro underneath. There is a little set up with the Yamaha and then a couple setting changes that need to me made in the TV menu before the speaker will work so don't be disappointed if you don't hear sound at the start. We are very pleased with the sound in the small area and the ability to control the bass. One of our pet peeves is hearing other campers TVs thumping away.

Name:	IMG_5460.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	12395

Name:	IMG_5461.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	12396
    We also have added a Blu ray DVD. The TCL has enough inputs to accommodate the DVD, the Yamaha and the Furrion (just in case its needed). We do not have satellite at this time and will cross that bridge someday if we need to.

Note. If you go with the Yamaha. Even at Costco there are many series of this on the palate. If you want one that has the updated firmware with Virtual X then the serial number needs to start with Z5 or later. You can see on ours that it starts with Z9. There is no other identifiers on the box that tells you if you have an updated one or not.

Barbara P.
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just about to do this myself. I bought the Costco Visio soundbar with the wireless subwoofer. There is a metal bracket you can get from Amazon onto which you can bolt a soundbar. I'll post up some pics when I get the adaptor plates.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just set it on the cabinet and used velcro. Your set up for the tv may be different though. We didn't have room to "mount" it anywhere.
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case this works for someone else, here's the link to the mounting brackets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is actually room below the TV to mount a soundbar, and some TV's actually come with the bracket.
    Check mine out, you can see the blank space I'm talking about, in the photos.

DMB Sound Bar Install
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourpells View Post
    Just like most others, we are not a fan of the sound system in the new 337, however, hated to discard everything. Saw the TCL had an ARC HDMI and figured this was workable. Also didn't want to mess with a separate Subwoofer so in comes the Yamaha sound bar with built in subs! Quick trip to Costco and for only $140 plus tax we had one.

Name:	IMG_5458.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	12394
    We had to raise the TV mount 1 inch to allow for the sound bar and the velcro underneath. There is a little set up with the Yamaha and then a couple setting changes that need to me made in the TV menu before the speaker will work so don't be disappointed if you don't hear sound at the start. We are very pleased with the sound in the small area and the ability to control the bass. One of our pet peeves is hearing other campers TVs thumping away.

Name:	IMG_5460.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	12395

Name:	IMG_5461.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	12396
    We also have added a Blu ray DVD. The TCL has enough inputs to accommodate the DVD, the Yamaha and the Furrion (just in case its needed). We do not have satellite at this time and will cross that bridge someday if we need to.

Note. If you go with the Yamaha. Even at Costco there are many series of this on the palate. If you want one that has the updated firmware with Virtual X then the serial number needs to start with Z5 or later. You can see on ours that it starts with Z9. There is no other identifiers on the box that tells you if you have an updated one or not.

Barbara P.
    We've got the same soundbar purchased at the same place. I mounted ours laying up against the back and the lights are visible under the tv. I didn't try to raise the tv though I'm glad you were able to. It sure does make a difference in sound in the coach. I really like that I can bluetooth my phone to it also. The bass isn't thumping so no worries from other campers either...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. I used the Amazon bought metal hangers to try and mount the soundbar. It's a Vizio that I got from Costco. First problem I had was the TCL tv would not lift off the mount. It's a V-shaped bracket and try as I did, I could not get the thing to release. There was no release tab anywhere to be found.

Fortunately there are lots of holes and slots on the VESA mount and the brackets have tons of slots and holes. So I was able to get it mounted but not very tight. I'm going to need to use industrial 3M double sided tape to hold the bracket against the tv so it doesn't sway as much because I wasn't able to get it affixed to more than one hole on each bracket. So the soundbar can sort of sway a bit since the bracket only has one attachment point to the mount on each side. It should work though.

My only concern is the Visio soundbar has a plastic cabinet with a little brass metal sleeve on each side for screws to engage. And on one side the sleeve had popped out and was rattling around inside the cabinet. I'm going to exchange it at Costco but it doesn't engender a lot of confidence that it will last as the trailer is bouncing along in our travels.

So it looks like I will have to fashion some sort of strap as a backup just in case the thing comes loose. I'm not sure if all brands of soundbars have similar plastic cabinets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the settings that need to change?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to connect our sound bar, plugged into the HDMI 2 ARC and ARC on in tv setting but still no sound?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoetze View Post
    Trying to connect our sound bar, plugged into the HDMI 2 ARC and ARC on in tv setting but still no sound?
    Does your tv have a sound setting that you have to change to HDMI out? Or it could be you simply have to go into the tv menu and set it to "external speakers".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast