User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide on Imagine 2250RK won't go out, need help leaving tomorrow morning on camp trip

Have Imagine 2250RK and slide will not go out. Getting 9 red flashes on control box, have reset several times and cut main breaker. Need help any suggestions?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 flashes is Hall effect sensor shorted to ground. Probably a wiring problem. Try pressing extend/retract button twice and see if error code resets and allows use of the slide.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Error code # 9; Hall Power Short to Ground, power to encoder has been shorted to ground. This is usually a wiring problem.

Reset several times; must be shortage in wiring. Taking it in tomorrow for service. They will likely have to pull underbelly loose and check wires to encoders and motors. Taking in to service today and see what they can find.

Anybody have an idea where problem may be in wiring? Any help greatly appreciated.

Think we go camping if they can't find problem today and take back to service when we return use manual mode while camping; we made these camping reservation 11 months ago.

Got slide to work several times in and out using manual mode feature but when you take out of manual goes back to same error code and will not work.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hall effect sensor is responsible for providing position feedback to the motor controller. In manual mode the system runs in open loop. The down side to manual mode is the motors can get out of synchronization causing the slide to cock in the opening in the side of the coach. The more the slide is operated in manual mode the great chance of loosing synch. You can probably get away with it a time or two but if it were me I would limit the number of times I operated the slide in manual mode. Enjoy your trip and let us know what the dealer finds.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At campground in FL and slide went out normally. Question to forum; what lights show on slide motor control panel when slide is going out or in and do they flash? Thanks for any answers.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lights flash in various ways to indicate operation/error codes. I would check the Lippert manual that should be in your documentation package that came with the trailer for specific issues. Also available on line.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a section from the manual.

"Find the slide controller. When the room slide direction switch is actuated, do the status LEDs light up?
    Check this in both the extend and retract modes. If the LEDs do not light up, or only light in one direction,
    then unplug and re-plug the direction switch connection on the board. If the problem persists, the LEDs
    still do not light up in both directions, then the switch or the wiring between the switch and the room is
    defective."
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know the model of the Schwintek Motors that are needed for the Reflection 5th wheels?

I have the dreaded failure #9 indicating a hall power short to ground (writing issue). Thinking of ordering a replacement motor just in case and to have for future if it's something else. I found a Lippert 236575 RV In-Wall Slide-Out Motor for a decent price. Will this work in my 30BH?

After that its figuring out how to replace it. ��

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thinking you probably need same motor as other motor otherwise slide may move at different speeds on each side. Not sure but rather be safe than sorry, maybe others on forum know for sure. I was told by guy at Grand Design to always let slide go out all the way or come in all the way and hold button a few extra seconds after slide stops and never just put it out part of way as we were doing. The encoders in the motors are counting revolutions and sending to motor controller. I have printed instructions now on how to do manual opening by controller panel in case this ever happens again.