Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Refigerator issue.

I have a 2018 Reflection 337rl and could use a little help. Double door model RM1350SLMX. I just opened up the trailer from winter storage. The trailer was plugged in all winter but my breakers and lp were turned off. Just wanted to keep battery charged. My refrigerator turned on when I turned the gas and breakers on. So my question is when I follow the book process to turn the refrigerator off it doesn’t turn off. The book says on/off button should be in to turn on and out to turn off. The button always returns to the same position not turning the unit off. The Auto mode for electric/gas button reacts the same why. Refrigerator does get cold. I must be doing something wrong any ideas? Thank You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the outside temp display? When the button is turned off the display should be blank.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2013 F350 Ultimate Lariat PSD/CC/LB/FX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Yes I do have the temp display. When I push the button it doesn’t go off instantly. It has went off but shortly it lites back up. The auto mode for auto/lp displays normal just wondering if some how I need to reset something. Iam wondering if when the buttons are pushed do they come out farther as the owners manual seem to say. Thank you for asking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said this was a double door, do you really mean a four door? That's what I have in my '18 337RLS.

Has it started to get cold, yet? The few times we've shut ours down it has seemed to take forever to get cold again. My wife has also learned that she can't stand in front of the open doors and plan the weeks menu - gotta get in and get out without dumping all the cold air. The bottom half of our freezer and the top shelf in the refrigerator are full of water bottles and that seems to help it recover more quickly. Put a thermometer on the shelf and you'll be surprised how quickly the temp rises.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. The refrigerator gets cold like normal. This morning the display was off, why Iam not sure. Tried to turn refrigerator on in a few seconds the light came on. About 30sec later the display screen showed the number 88 then went to are normal settings then turned off. Then a couple minutes later would start to flash again. Then it finally flashed an E0 code between the 88 and normal code and turned off. Then on again etc. The owners manual says an E0 is no communication between the display and power module. So I guess I have a problem that needs service! I only seen the E0 once’s maybe that’s enough to help find the problem. Just guessing. Yes it is the four door model. Thank you for your reply.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also asked if the buttons came out farther. I checked mine and they are one height regardless of the setting.

I see the 88 when going through the various settings, but the display always returns to the temperature (the *set* temperature?). Is there any troubleshooting information in the paperwork? What about shutting off the breaker for a few minutes to see if it will reset? Is your RV level?

I hate the thought of dealing with a dealer and being without my RV for a couple of months. When I had a problem, I went to a local RV shop and they handled the warranty paperwork with Dometic. GD was no help to me at all. The independent shop actually appeared to want my business and they treated me like they wanted me to come back - and I will.
    John and Jean

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Thank you the information on the buttons. That’s how mine act even though the owners manual says differently. I did turn gas, battery and power off to see if anything would reset, no change. Iam glad you seen the 88 like I did also don’t know what that means and it does go back to temperature setting. Iam pretty level l could try using in the auto level and see if it helps. I’ve ran the fridge at this leveling many times but it won’t hurt to try releveling .You have answered many of my concerns, thank you. My real problem is I don’t know if my fridge is on or off. I push the on/off button and the display doesn’t light up wright away to turn the fridge on. Even when the display does show something and I try and turn it off I push the button and the display stays on. So I really don’t know if the fridge is turned on or off. There is a lot of delay with the display screen leaving me wondering if the fridge will stay on or going off. And I also don’t want to go to were I bought it dealers take forever to get anything done. Iam not sure if Dometic would tell me of a local service shop or if I can use a mobile service iam just responsible for a service call. The first thing I did was read the owners manual it gives general information that should help. I really appreciate you response to try and help me. Jim

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually an 88 when you turn something on is just to check that all the segments of the display work.

It kind of sounds like you're not giving the fridge time to get cold. Nothing happens quickly with them and each time you open the doors or change the settings you're starting all over.

I just went out and checked my RV. The left button will turn the display off/on. Try turning the display on. The middle button moves the little dot between auto and LP - choose either as appropriate. The right button is the temperature, set it on 5 and don't touch anything for at least 24 hours.

Do you have a thermometer in the fridge? Hard to know if it is working without one.
    John and Jean

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. This is what Iam trying to say that I don’t know if my fridge is working. When I turn on the on/off button nothing comes on the display. Maybe in a little while the inside light and display screen will light up. Then later it might turn off on its own. And when it does come on and you try and turn the fridge off the display I believe should turn off just as turning it on it should display instantly. It will get cold I have a temperature gauge in there I just can’t get the fridge to turn on or off with the button. The auto/lp button will work when the fridge is on so that’s not concerning. The fridge, to me , acting like a relay or module is having a communication problem when the on/off button is pushed. I did what you suggested no display has shown up after ten minutes maybe later then it will probably turn off on its own. I can’t get any instant results of a display screen as I believe I should telling me the fridge in on or off. Should I get instant display on the display screen when I turn the on/ off button to the so called on position? Same for-turning it off if the fridge happens to be running? That’s why I never know what to expect. We got this trailer last August. The fridge was on at delivery, we bought it home on lp plug it in used it until the end of October then turned it off for the winter. Always was cold as it should be. This is our third rv never had a fridge problem. On any fridge I pushed the on button everything lights instantly and cools down in a day it the button light / display screen goes off at the touch of the button. I don’t remember how I turned it off last fall. Sorry to bother you so much your a real good person trying to help. Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Our trailer is going for refrigerator service tomorrow. I will update what the problem is when I find out. Thank you for answering my questions and all ideas for a fix. Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast