User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caused a power outage

Really rookie mistake.... and as the title says.. yup, we caused our neighborhood to lose power. We have a very tight space next to the house. All started well, we got all hooked up, double-checked everything, and we're ready to go on our maiden voyage. I just so happens we have an electricity box, for our immediate area of houses, just at the end of our property. You know where I'm going with this.... So, watching the one side of the TT as my most patient husband is pulling out, really really close to the house. Unfortunately, I didn't think about the electrical box at the end of the property, on the other side of the TT. He pulls out, and side-swiped the elec box. Sparks fly everywhere! Thank god no fire. And of course scraped the side of the TT as well. Luckily, it's at the bottom section, I guess what I would call the fascia area at the bottom. I took some pics.. We had one neighbor saying we got the first dings on the TT out of the way. Fire department came, and they were so kind, not wanting to laugh, but I saw some of the snickers. But most important... my wonderful, dearest, most patient husband.... let out a big sigh, a VERY BIG sigh.... and reminded me.... just like there are always 2 sides to every story, there are 2 sides to the trailer as well. We're laughing now, but boy did we learn...I mean I learned my lesson.

Anyway, we're a local RV park for our shakedown, and all is working well so far. We're brand new to all of this. Except the fridge doesn't want to work. freezer is kind of cold, but the fridge part.... nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damage1.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	12416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damage2.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	12417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damage3.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	12418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damage4.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	12419
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops! At least no one was injured
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV'ing is an adventure.

I've learned not to laugh at others, cause sooner or later ....
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So sorry that happened to you two. The good news is that since the fiberglass wasn't touched, the repair will be easy and inexpensive. The only expensive part will be shipping the new fender to New Mexico. It's something you can change out yourself if you're willing. I assume that power has been restored to the neighborhood?

Jim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, power was restored late yesterday. My neighbors were all cool about it.
    Lynette & Steve

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You tow something that is 50-65ft long, 13.5ft high and 8ft wide long enough and you'll be lucky to get out with a few scratches or dents. Can happen to anyone, regardless of experience. Stuff happens sometimes.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rats! on the electric. That is one big toke your DH has. Anything new on the Frig?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got your first ding out of the way. AND you learned about “Tail Swing”. I saw a guy do this in a gas station and ran the tail down the whole side of a brand new mustang.

Are you sure the fridge is Not working? I plug my trailer in overnight and cool down the fridge before a trip. Then I only put food that’s already cold in it. If you put warm food in a warm fridge it could take days for food to get cold.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope on the fridge. We had plugged it in, tried putting already very cold stuff in.... nothing.
    Lynette & Steve

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy who has had a Solitude for a few years now was trying to show me how to tow a fiver since I'd never done it before. Unfortunately he'd never driven a dually with a fiver before. So sure enough we're in a parking lot and he's trying to show me how to maneuver. And he catches a tree. I told him no big deal. At least the trailer is not a virgin anymore.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast