User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power or keyed-alike replacement latches

SO i went to the trailer today with a rvlock4.0 for the front door and 3 matching keyless baggage handles for the pass through storage.

After a failed attempt last week with the main door i ordered the decal/gasket to seal the tiny pinhole that didnt get covered by the new door along with the keyless handles for the pass through (and their respective gaskets)

Got the main door one in all good to go. Love the keyless entry even though the beeping is pretty annoying and I might try and do something about that.

When it came to the storage compartments I tighten the screws too much and pulled the handles into the doors so much that it dented the face and now the latches are too far back to close tightly.

I think the styrofoam is dented under the laminate. I had to walk away because I got so mad lol I will go back monday and take it off and see if I can just shim it back to straight.

Worst case scenario I guess I can get a new door.

Aside from my screwups I LOVE these handles. So easy to open and close everything all at once with the key fob.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    SO i went to the trailer today with a rvlock4.0 for the front door and 3 matching keyless baggage handles for the pass through storage.

After a failed attempt last week with the main door i ordered the decal/gasket to seal the tiny pinhole that didnt get covered by the new door along with the keyless handles for the pass through (and their respective gaskets)

Got the main door one in all good to go. Love the keyless entry even though the beeping is pretty annoying and I might try and do something about that.

When it came to the storage compartments I tighten the screws too much and pulled the handles into the doors so much that it dented the face and now the latches are too far back to close tightly.

I think the styrofoam is dented under the laminate. I had to walk away because I got so mad lol I will go back monday and take it off and see if I can just shim it back to straight.

Worst case scenario I guess I can get a new door.

Aside from my screwups I LOVE these handles. So easy to open and close everything all at once with the key fob.
    Quick update.

I removed the handles. Bent the outer layer back to flatish then added the vinyl decal around the hole and reattached them. Everything seems much closer to straight and lined up now. Not perfect but not catastrophic.

Really dodged a bullet on that one. lol

My only complaint about the locks is the beeping sound is so annoying.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours only beep when locking or unlocking to let you know that the operation is complete. Is yours doing something different??
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Ours only beep when locking or unlocking to let you know that the operation is complete. Is yours doing something different??
    No thats all but its pretty loud and if im coming in and out at night i dont want to wake up neighbors.

I found out that if you hold down the 1 key it shuts off the beeps! you can still hear it close or open so its fine. It seems to work on the rvlock 4.0 but not the baggage handles though.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    No thats all but its pretty loud and if im coming in and out at night i dont want to wake up neighbors.

I found out that if you hold down the 1 key it shuts off the beeps! you can still hear it close or open so its fine. It seems to work on the rvlock 4.0 but not the baggage handles though.
    Thanks for mentioning this since the noise, especially at night, bothers us too.

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work so I called the RVLock folks who told me this feature is only present in newer versions of the RVLock 4.0. I purchased ours about a year ago and it didn't have this feature, but they are sending me 2 new PC boards (have to replace both) and the total was $21.97 including shipping to NH. This upgrade also adds a quick lock feature where you can apparently lock the door without having to put in the code.

Personally I think they should have changed the version from 4.0 to 4.1 when the new features were added to avoid confusion. The person I spoke with wasn't sure exactly when the change was made, but thought it was somewhere around the begining of 2018.

Thanks for the tip!

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    Thanks for mentioning this since the noise, especially at night, bothers us too.

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work so I called the RVLock folks who told me this feature is only present in newer versions of the RVLock 4.0. I purchased ours about a year ago and it didn't have this feature, but they are sending me 2 new PC boards (have to replace both) and the total was $21.97 including shipping to NH. This upgrade also adds a quick lock feature where you can apparently lock the door without having to put in the code.

Personally I think they should have changed the version from 4.0 to 4.1 when the new features were added to avoid confusion. The person I spoke with wasn't sure exactly when the change was made, but thought it was somewhere around the begining of 2018.

Thanks for the tip!

John
    great info thanks!

Yes i have been locking just by holding the lock button. I didnt know that was new.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking about replacing the locks on our 2015 Ref 323. With 4 locks on the pass through doors I am thinking about only doing 2 keyless and 2 mechanical that way they are all keyed alike, but have the ability to lock at least 1 when away from campsite.

What is the gasket you mentioned for? How well did the pass through locks fit?
    Kevin and Laura
    Eastern Suburb of Cincinnati, OH
    2015 Reflection 323BHS -
    Steadyfast, RV-CO Steps, LED underbelly Lights, BH Jack knife bed support mod
    2007 GMC Sierra 3500 Classic Duramax CC DRW
    Stock- No Tunes - No deletes
    Power steering fluid cooler

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
    I am thinking about replacing the locks on our 2015 Ref 323. With 4 locks on the pass through doors I am thinking about only doing 2 keyless and 2 mechanical that way they are all keyed alike, but have the ability to lock at least 1 when away from campsite.

They are really just stickers that fit over the hole first so if there is a little bit showing they cover it.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinP View Post

I just got an email today from RV Locks--they are having a 40% off sale starting the 23rd. (Best discount I've seen from them.)

FYI, I have no affiliation or interest whatsoever with RV Locks, just providing info.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I just got an email today from RV Locks--they are having a 40% off sale starting the 23rd. (Best discount I've seen from them.)

FYI, I have no affiliation or interest whatsoever with RV Locks, just providing info.
    Those are the best locks I have ever used, am going to buy a set so I can ger rid of 3 keys, to one and none if I like Perfect timing, I have their website up when this post came through.
    JD
    :boink:
    2019 367BHS
    2018 3500 Silverado SRW Diesel
    B&W turnover with Companion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast