User Tag List

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

How many Facebook groups?

I join a lot of the Grand Design Facebook groups so that can see what is happening there. It's getting splintered and crazy! I am thankful for our family here.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well said Chris. From my own personally perspective, it's awful on FB. I read through more than I should and occasionally respond because I love talking about camping, RVs and Grand Design in particular but it's a rude place with typical internet bullies and terrible misinformation galore.

I love it here!!!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris and Paul (and others to chime in) - you know how I feel about this wonderful forum community and how many folks (and growing) feel about fb......thank goodness for a man of character you are Chris and the many extraordinary forum members we have !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many Facebook groups?

Ditto! I belong to both the GD and Momentum FB groups, but learn much more here. There is way too much general BS and off topic comments on FB. Seems you get solid answers on this forum vs There. That is also my experience comparing other FB groups that also have forums.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with all the previous comments on this thread. I look in on a couple of the FB groups once in a while, but don't participate. Why they think they need sub-groups restricted to each GDRV model is a little baffling? What does annoy me is when someone from this forum copies my stuff and publishes it on FB as their own. Not that I can control this, but I would rather see those folks point their FB audience to this forum if they want better information and responses that actually address their questions.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting topic here. I started here just before we bought our GD and I've certainly received a lot of information and help here.

Then I joined the "Grand Design" facebook group......then I joined the "Grand Design Momentum" group.......then I joined the "Grand Design Momentum 376TH & Solitude 374TH" group and have also joined the "Grand Design-Items For Sale" group as well as the "Grand Design Rallies" groups.

I have learned from this forum as well as all of those groups and have also read a bunch of posts here and there that I don't agree with or just don't pertain to my model. I do believe that the FB groups seem to be more social where the forum seems to be more technical.

All in all......I've learned and saved $$$ from all sources of information except maybe the rallies group. Just haven't made it to one, yet......the story of my life.....I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. LOL

Have a great day!

JC
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats's right JCZ, and we meet some great cyber friends, some being from our "old" town! Some of us cross paths once in awhile on the road.

You guys are all great and like said, I have learned alot from folks like you here. Don't belong to any other forums and have no use for FB although wife trolls it. The technical aspect is why I am here.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, Facebook groups are a hot mess....I still check and contribute to "Grand Design Imagine" and "Grand Design Imagine 2670MK", but just couldn't handle the influx of all the rest. The Imagine admin has done an admirable job of trying to keep it organized by creating a ton of "FAQ" threads and branches to try and quiet down the often most asked questions. Disconcerting that admins from the various groups spend time trying to shut each other down, as "their" group should be the only "official" group. But worse is to just try and find a past post that mentioned some info about a specific item. Virtually impossible. Forums like this, by design, impose more organization just from requiring a post to be in a sub-category, and requiring a title to the thread. And searching works so much better....

No wonder Bill Martin thought about another career - trying to keep up with that flood had to be near impossible, especially after he made the mistake of putting his direct cell number out there.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post

No wonder Bill Martin thought about another career - trying to keep up with that flood had to be near impossible, especially after he made the mistake of putting his direct cell number out there.
    GDRV leadership, management, and other key folks have been sharing their cell #s from day one encouraging we owners/prospective owners/other stakeholders to call..........so Bill sharing his cell is part of the culture of high attention service.

Relative to Bill switching careers, I have not seen or heard anything to support the assertion that Bill moved on due to what you shared. This does not diminish the validity of your feedback and possibly you do have fact based information.

I communicated with Bill every so often (calls/emails/txts) and had established a relationship with him when he first came to GDRV. I touched base with him last week and he did not share any details of his move in respect for GDRV and the transition to a new manufacturer.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see on the what groups are out there semi-thread within this topic, On Facebook, I am in RV Tips. 50 and Over RV'ers. Grand Design Deco Ideas. Texas Grand Design RV Owners. RV Newbies. Grand Design Solitude Owners.

It's a bell curved world out there in the blogging worlds. Lovers, Haters and the tail end of the curves and just a lot of regular folks in the middle. Good people are still in the majority and the Admins in most of the forums do a good job of booting the Haters and Trolls. Haters got to Hate and they do. Got to love the First Amendment, but I do love to hear when a Troll or Hater gets the boot and blocked. That door swings both ways you know. There is still a lot of good information in the Groups and here in this forum. Most of my tips and education came from the YouTube bloggers and several couples do a first rate job providing information and tips. Find them. There is a one couple (Long Long Honeymoon "Sean & Christy") that are quite good. Keep your Daydream, RV Texas Y'all are all good and informative blogs. There are others that I viewed and learned from. So I missed yours, I probably saw it.
    Don & Trish (Cypress, Texas)
    Towing the Solitude 375RES with a F350 SRW
    Hitch - Patriot 18K