User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John, I found my notes. I never throw anything away .... but finding them can be a challenge. Anyway the numbers you asked for (a combination of measuring my truck and trailers on the lot - none is a direct measure from my trailer hooked to my truck). As always, your mileage may vary.

With the trailer level, the pin plate is 50" above the ground. The bottom of the overhang is 60" above the ground. So I did remember correctly, the overhang is 10" above the plate. Note: In talking to Grand Design, the pin box on the 310GK can not be moved up (will hit the frame) or down (no lower holes in the front), but you can change out the pin box if you wanted.

For my truck (your short bed maybe a little different, but this should put you in the ball park). Unloaded the bed rails are 58-1/2"above the ground and the bed is 37-1/4" above the ground. The bed sides are 21-1/4" above the bed. These are over the rear axle. With the rake in the truck the rear of the bed/tailgate will be about 1" higher. Very roughly I figured the rear would squat about 3" with 2,000# pin weight (measured 3-1/8" squat w/2,380#) and about 4-1/4" with 3,000# (my target) pin weight.

Hope these numbers help you. I would still start with arms in the rearward position and middle height setting. Hook up and measure your setup when you get the trailer and go from there. It took me about 10 min to change the height (after unhooking) the one time I did it. I thought it was pretty easy.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chris,
    Not sure if you are still around your trailer but I need another dimension. From the middle of the back jack to the rear of the trailer. I am going to owe you a couple of cold ones for all this work I am putting you through.

Thanks
    John
    Pam & John

2017 Ford F350 CCSB Diesel
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    91-1/2" center rear jack to rear cabin outside trim. 97" to rear of bumper. 98" to rear of ladder step. Hope this helps. Sorry for short reply. On road with very limited internet access.

Chris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chris,
    I am pretty sure this is going to be the last measurement I will need. I need from the front jack to the front of the front tire and then to the back of the back tire. On my pad I want to put cement blocks where the wheels are going to sit. No hurry to get these.

Thanks again.

John
    Pam & John

2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisimpala View Post
    ... I need [measurements] from the front jack to the front of the front tire and then to the back of the back tire.....

Thanks again.

John

Hi John, On my trailer, the rough measurements are 142" from center of front jack to crown on the front of the front tire and 208-1/4" to the rear crown of the rear tire on the right (curb) side at axle height (i.e most forward and rearward points of the tires). Add 1/4" for the left (street) side. The tires are roughly 30-3/4" diameter (i.e the contact patch on the ground is centered 15-3/8" behind the front and in front of the rear tires). The tire center is very roughly (I did not measure this) 15" above the ground. I do not know the shape & size of your cement blocks but they will hit the curve of the tire somewhere between the above measurements. Give yourself some room for variables in all this.

Hope this helps. Please post a picture of your pad and the trailer when you get it. Sounds like you are going to have a nice setup.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here it is Chris. The pad was just a place to park it and keep it off the ground but all the measurements for where the blocks would go and how big to make it was thanks to you. Now it is too high for the stairs to sit properly so now I have to build a small deck on the ground. I have included a few pictures to show how it sits on the truck as well as it sitting on the pad. Trucked pulled it no problem with the hitch setup you sent me. Thanks again for all of your help and I hope we can meet somewhere so I can buy you a couple of beers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	14299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1765.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	14300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	14301
    Pam & John

2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello John. Happy to help and am glad it all worked out for you. That turned out well. You do nice work. You have a very nice setup and the full body paint looks super sharp! Hope it gives you many years of happy camping. We really enjoy our 310GK.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12