User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Measurements of Solitude 310GK

Just ordered a 2019 Solitude 310GK yesterday. Trailer will stay parked at the cottage most of the summer as we do most of our traveling in the winter. I am putting a gravel pad at the cottage to park it on and need the measurements from the back of the back leveling jacks to the front of the front jacks. Hopefully someone that has a 310GK has a chance to measure for me.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2018 310GK, center of rear jack to center of front jack (landing gear) is 234" (19' 6") on the curb side and 233.5" on the street side. The 1/2" difference maybe real or just my measuring. I believe the pads are about 9" in diameter, but I did not measure them. Hope this puts you in the ball park.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Chris,
    Another question what is the length of the power cable that comes with the trailer.

Thanks
    John

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marked 30'. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9399.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	12533
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Chris

John

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to help. Post any other questions you may have. I will try to answer what I can. This is a great forum for information and advice. I am learning so much from the wisdom, experience and expertise here. I just try to pay a little of it back. Enjoy your new trailer when you get and do post your experiences.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Happy to help. Post any other questions you may have. I will try to answer what I can. This is a great forum for information and advice. I am learning so much from the wisdom, experience and expertise here. I just try to pay a little of it back. Enjoy your new trailer when you get and do post your experiences.

Chris
    It's me again Chris.
    I am going to put my hitch together this weekend and wanted to try and get the height as close to correct as possible. Would you be able to get me the measurement from the ground to the top of the pin or bottom of the pin box plate that the pin is attached to while the trailer is level. Also from the bottom of that plate to the underneath of the trailer above it.

Thanks
    John
    Pam & John

2017 Ford F350 CCSB Diesel
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris
    On the old truck I had the pin plate at 48" from the ground that's stilling with the trailer level the truck would squat about 3", not sure I understand the second part.
    David, Victoria & Scout

2018 Ford F-350 CCLB DRW Metallic Power stroke diesel
    2017 310-GK R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisimpala View Post
    It's me again Chris.
    I am going to put my hitch together this weekend and wanted to try and get the height as close to correct as possible. Would you be able to get me the measurement from the ground to the top of the pin or bottom of the pin box plate that the pin is attached to while the trailer is level. Also from the bottom of that plate to the underneath of the trailer above it.

Thanks
    John
    Hello John. I also have the BW Companion 20k hitch (RVK3300 for the Ford puck mount). In short, to set up the hitch I would start with the arms int he rearward position (gives most clearance between tailgate and front of trailer and more importantly for your short bed the most clearance between front cap of trailer and your cab) and at the middle (17-3/4") height.

I went through all of the numbers (hitch height, bed height, etc.) but can not find them right off hand. If I remember correctly, the bottom of the pin plate to the underside of the trailer was 10". I do know that with the trailer empty, my truck squat about 3" when hooked up and the truck was very level (fender arches within 1/4"). I started with the hitch in the middle height (17-3/4" above the bed) and the arms in the rearward position (pin 1" in front of the rear axle). This gave me about 1-1/2" nose high attitude on the trailer (measured over the length of the frame), which I am OK with (until I can get separate axle weights). I had 6" clearance between the bed rails and the underside of the trailer overhang (this was my minimum goal). However, I only had 5" clearance between the tail gate and the trailer overhang. I have raised the hitch to the tallest position (18-3/4") now, but I have not hooked up since I raised it. If the truck squats much more with a loaded trailer, I may lower the hitch back to the middle position.

Chris

PS I am headed out for week (without the trailer ) and will have very limited (if any) computer access. My responses maybe delayed.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Hello John. I also have the BW Companion 20k hitch (RVK3300 for the Ford puck mount). In short, to set up the hitch I would start with the arms int he rearward position (gives most clearance between tailgate and front of trailer and more importantly for your short bed the most clearance between front cap of trailer and your cab) and at the middle (17-3/4") height.

I went through all of the numbers (hitch height, bed height, etc.) but can not find them right off hand. If I remember correctly, the bottom of the pin plate to the underside of the trailer was 10". I do know that with the trailer empty, my truck squat about 3" when hooked up and the truck was very level (fender arches within 1/4"). I started with the hitch in the middle height (17-3/4" above the bed) and the arms in the rearward position (pin 1" in front of the rear axle). This gave me about 1-1/2" nose high attitude on the trailer (measured over the length of the frame), which I am OK with (until I can get separate axle weights). I had 6" clearance between the bed rails and the underside of the trailer overhang (this was my minimum goal). However, I only had 5" clearance between the tail gate and the trailer overhang. I have raised the hitch to the tallest position (18-3/4") now, but I have not hooked up since I raised it. If the truck squats much more with a loaded trailer, I may lower the hitch back to the middle position.

Chris

PS I am headed out for week (without the trailer ) and will have very limited (if any) computer access. My responses maybe delayed.
    Again Thanks for all the great info. That is exactly what I needed. My trailer won't be in until end of July or so but I wanted to get the hitch setup in advance plus I need the hitch to borrow a work trailer and get my class 3 license so I can pull this new trailer.
    Have a great weekend.
    Pam & John

2017 Ford F350 CCSB Diesel
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast