User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD Imagine 2400BH Owner, Clarification much appreciated.

Good evening,
    My wife and I are proud new owner of a GD Imagine 2400BH, we are very excited to start this new journey with our 5 yr old son, also a little nervous due to the overwhelming information which was shared during our Delivery Inspection. Our sales rep did a great job going over everything, and that is unfortunately my nervousness right now thinking did I miss something from the time we left the dealership to our storage yard!
    So thus why I am reaching out to my new GD family in hopes that I can get some clarification on some items, I truly appreciate all information shared.

1- We parked our unit at the storage yard, chocks on tires, unhitched, put all cables under propane cover, eye ball leveled camper and turned the battery disconnect switch upright to off. Locked all doors and ensure power tongue was set to off.
    Q - Battery disconnect switch moved upright to off, does the red clip need to be out as well?

2 - Propane tanks - 2 Propane tanks on unit, our sales rep had both tanks open during demonstration of heat, fridge etc.
    Q- Do both tanks required to be in open, my understanding was there is a lever \ switch to use one tank or another.

3 - Hot water tank.
    Q- How to tell if there is water in the hot water tank
    Q- Do you leave the electric and \ or propane buttons on the entire time while camping? Or turn one of them on 30 min-ish prior to wanting to use?
    Q- With the cap being plastic, i assume we do not need to over tighten as risk of breaking correct?

4 - De-Winterize - I have a good grasp on what needs to be done from watching videos online and documentation in the manual.
    Q - De-winterize using the fresh tank and water pump is suggested to see if any leaks correct?

5 - Battery - bought a new 12 volt battery for the unit as our 2 - 6v batteries were near end of life, unfortunately dealership only removed 1 of the 6 v cases, put in the 12 v case and battery and then used the tie wrap around frame to hold in place where the 6v battery case is secured to frame with bolts.
    Q- I am going to remove the empty 6v box, slide the 12v box in the middle. Is securing to frame with bolts suggested or is tie wrap good enough? Seems almost "half **********" way of doing it.

6- Low Point drains - Red and Blue pipes near rear of camper
    Q- What exactly do they drain? My assumption is the cold and hot left over water in the grey tanks?

I think that is it....for now. Again a huge thank you for taking the time. Truly appreciate it.
    Justin.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin!

Congrats on your new trailer, and welcome to the GD Owners Forum. Info overload is to be expected... We're here to help, just ask.

1-
    Q - Battery disconnect switch moved upright to off, does the red clip need to be out as well?
    ••• No. Removing the handle just prevents it getting accidentally bumped back to ON, and also makes it easier to do a quick visual check. Note that the battery disconnect does NOT disconnect everything; best to disconnect a lead at the battery terminal itself.

2 - Propane tanks - 2 Propane tanks on unit, our sales rep had both tanks open during demonstration of heat, fridge etc.
    Q- Do both tanks required to be in open, my understanding was there is a lever \ switch to use one tank or another.
    ••• Only one needs to be open. However, for the auto-changeover to work, both must be open.

3 - Hot water tank.
    Q- How to tell if there is water in the hot water tank
    ••• Connect to city water (or turn pump on).
    Open at least one hot water faucet.
    Leave the faucet open (there will be a lot of gurgling and spitting) until water comes out smoothly.
    Close the faucet(s).

Q- Do you leave the electric and \ or propane buttons on the entire time while camping? Or turn one of them on 30 min-ish prior to wanting to use?
    •••. If we have electric hookup, we leave on all the time. If running off propane, just when needed.

6- Low Point drains - Red and Blue pipes near rear of camper
    Q- What exactly do they drain? My assumption is the cold and hot left over water in the grey tanks?
    ••• They drain any water left in the hot and cold water lines.

Have fun!

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning Dave,

Thank you kindly for all the information! I am sure I will have more in the coming weeks and its great to know that help is close bye!

Have a great day!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, Dave has you covered. The wife and I dont dry camp or do any boondocking, we always have full hook ups, its just the way we like it. We always use electrical power, so we only use the water heater on electric. In the beginning we had the power to the water heater turned on all the time, but we found that it holds so much heat for so long we dont need it turned on all the time. Its not right or wrong, its just what we do.

On the propane tanks, Dave's there, read your owners manual about the tank automatic changeover valve and the colors it displays (red / green).

It may seem overwhelming right now, but you will catch up quickly and find your own comfort zone.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel