User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One feature I’ve been looking for in route planning or a gps is to be able to say how many miles I want to travel a day and see where the stops would be along the route.
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Trip Wizard has that option and I do all my pretrip planning with it. They do have a free login to try before you subscribe.

https://www.rvtripwizard.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I’ll check that out.
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a refurbished Garmin 770 trucker's GPS and like it. Got tired of Garmin auto gps leading me through subdivisions, down dirt roads, etc. Probably get a lot more warnings than RV gps for narrow road, sharp curves, hills, etc that have to do with semi trucks but it doesn't send me places that auto gps did.
    Keep your maps upgraded; I check for upgrades before ever trip.
    Still use Goggle maps on phone as another aide when necessary.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since I started the conversation I'll say that the little we have used our new 660, we found it has it's quirks on side roads but does pretty good on major roads. Others have reported the same. We are still getting used to it. Our back up is a new addition Good Sam RV Road Atlas as well as our cell phones if necessary.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Garmin RV 660 last year after Christmas, found a great deal online. Later learned the Garmin 770 was out and wondered what the improvements were. I also own a Garmin NUVI 57 and find it easier to set up and change plans. I wanted the RV version because we were planning a trip West into Utah and Colorado and the grades and curves was an issue. My thinking was it would be nice to be pre warned of upcoming steep grades. Nice feature for RV'ers. I like the elevation display also when in the mountains. Saw 11,430 feet at one point!

Learn to use all the features and become comfortable with all the menus. I'm to the point now that I will not travel without my Garmin!! How did we ever go anywhere before GPS?? I think the Garmin RV 660 will fit your needs very well. However always do a little pre planning and talking to fellow Rv'ers in campgrounds about routes and such. Sometimes the closest route is not the best route and a GPS may not know the difference. Routing you through the large cities like St Louis for instance is something you need to investigate before letting the GPS run you into a traffic jam or a bad side of town. If you deviate from what the GPS has chosen just keep driving and ignore all the warnings. After a mile or two it will realize what you are doing and "re-calculate" the new direction you have forced.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had RV660 since 2015, crossed this country six times, a different route every time. Three times w/trailer, 3 w/5r (303rls). I would not be without it.
    A weird routing on rare occasions but no gps is 100%. I can blue my iPhone google map route choices to the RV660 or just modify on screen to take the scenic routes.
    Updates are big slow files; be sure to have a solid wifi signal when you do it.
    There's enough custom settings for any RV configuration. It will tell you propane warnings if you set it up correctly.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    We got the Garmin 770 about a month ago and so far we like it.

Red
    We also have the RV770. I like the notifications on truck stops, rest stops and the routing for overall height and length - overall a good unit. Still should pay close attention to all signs.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12