User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creek Fire RV Ranch

Yes - I said "Ranch" 'cause that's what's on their brochure/website. Anyhow.....

The wife wanted to do a quick overnight get-a-way with the grandson to some place that was within an hour or so's drive. We did a recon to this Creek Fire place and man.....somebody spent some $$$$$$ on building this place. It's kinda crazy cause the place is just about under our nose and we never knew it was there! Anyhow, the "Ranch" is just off I95 at the GA204 exit. Awesome layout, plenty of amenities and the registration folks were very nice. We'll be heading there in a couple of weeks and will give a better review then.

Tom

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....just got back from the get-a-way and thought I'd give you some pros & cons and photos. I'll get the "Cons" out the way first.

This place is relatively new - around 6 to 8 months old - so you can tell they're still tweaking things. Not much in the way of shade from trees since (I'm assuming) they probably had to clear cut the land in order to establish the layout. Although they have the capability of having on-site dining, there is none since (we were told) they wanted to get done the important things first. Not all sites have cable/sat hookups. The concrete and gravel sites could stand to be another foot or two wider IMHO as evidenced by the tire tracks left by previous travelers. I didn't measure, but my calibrated eye said the spots were 10' wide.

So here's my "Pros". Pretty convenient for travelers going north/south on I95 since it's only three miles off the interstate. The interstate exit for the Ranch has several restaurants, shopping, hotels, and important (well....to me anyways) watering holes like Hooters. The overall construction of the facility shows somebody actually did some homework and concentrated not only on functionality, but esthetics too. I've spared you from a photo of the bath rooms, but someone with an eye for interior design/decoration had their way. Although the landscaping is far from finished, they've planted a lot of trees/shrubbery AND made sure those trees were placed so as to not hinder RV rigs in the future. The maneuvering room is excellent with big radii on the street corners as well as the approach/departure from the sites and the check-in area is roomy enough for at least 4 good size rigs to be checking in at once. That big building which houses the reception/check-in, and future amenities such as camping/food needs and dining, is another example of someone who knows architecture/design. The pool areas (kids/adults/hot tub) are large and the furniture is upper scale and they even offer pool towels (don't see that at most hotels). As the photos show, there's ample green space, a recreation area, and an outdoor bar/entertainment area (live music on Fridays/Saturdays). There's a very large laundry facility with plenty of washers/dryers. There's a large communal (gas) fire pit and a couple of large outdoor fireplaces (covered) for folks to gather around when the weather turns cold. All of the sites have 30/50 amp service, water/sewer, combo fire pit/grill, and table. I liked that the sites were long enough so as to allow for one to place their rig where your dining/entertainment/awning area makes sense. The land that makes up the property is about 40% developed. From what was shown as future development, the final Ranch will be quite large with a lake and boat house.

Overall, from 1 to 10, I'd give it a solid 8 only because it's so new and they've got some bugs to sort out. Our "experience" with the grandson and him going down the kiddie water slide oh.......maybe.......173 times was a solid 10. This will definitely be our "go to" when we just wanna tell the world to take a hike for a coupla days.

Thanks for reading.

Tom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	12935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	12936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	12937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF4.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	12938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF5.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	12939

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More......

Name:	CF6.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	12940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF7.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	12941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF8.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	12942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF9.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	12943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF10.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	12944

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And our humble rig. Yes - the grandson already owns a (toy) red Porsche.

Name:	CF11.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	12945

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tom - It looks like that's going to be a fine park once the trees get up to size. Thanks for sharing. But I still don't see any cows or horses or pigs or sheep or chickens on the "Ranch".

Jim

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Tom - It looks like that's going to be a fine park once the trees get up to size. Thanks for sharing. But I still don't see any cows or horses or pigs or sheep or chickens on the "Ranch".

Jim
    I think they count those three alligators I saw in their lake.

Tom

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I see what you mean, looks like a great place! Sure has a lot of amenities and really nice sites. Per night fee reasonable for the amenities offered?

A couple new RV parks around here pack the rigs in like sardines. Rigs back to back in the same slot, awnings almost touch eachother side to side, ridiculous.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom - welcome back.......too long hiatus again, we have missed your literary prowess. Enough of that high-end English talk......has to be a ranch to generate the cash flow necessary - can you imagine a place called a farm (god forbid a campground or RV park) .......just wouldn't cut it. Thanks for sharing the pictures........will keep it on our list if/when in that part of our wonderful country.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom, thanks for the write up. My son is stationed at Fort Stewart. How far from post is this?
    2022 Ford F350 4x4 King Ranch dually
    gasser with speed transmission
    3.55 gears and pulling a 337 RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a group of 9 Grand Designs stay there back in March, for St Pattys weekend. Beautiful resort, er I mean ranch, lol. Price was good too, for all the amenities. I think we paid 40-42 $ a night for back in sites, pull throughs were a little more.
    The only con we had was the front desk staff. Seemed completely clueless most of the time. As far as site #’s, cost for dinner and drinks offered on Fr night, and cost and schedule on shuttle they have into Savannah. Three people could ask the same employee the same question, within minutes of each other, and get three completely different answers. The owner was there on Sat and acknowledged that this was an issue, and said he was working on correcting this soon. If that is fixed it will be a great place to stay.
    Again a beautiful campground with lots of amenities. Definitely worth putting on your list.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast