User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. It's given us quite a bit to think about. While it'd be easier to tow and set up a smaller rig, we do want to be able to grow into this one and not have to get another later. We have a few days to think it over as the dealer gets us the official spec lists on the units coming in.
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW Duramax Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS-R

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are fewer sites that can accommodate the larger rigs. That said, I have found it takes planning, but I haven't found it to be restrictive.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been on the road FT for 4 years in our 42'6" MO. The length DOES restrict you being able to get into many State and National parks - especially older ones. But, we have been able to find private parks nearby and have yet to miss seeing any sight we wanted....we just may have had to drive a little to get there. We're retired, so a little extra time means little to us. YMMV

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    There are fewer sites that can accommodate the larger rigs. That said, I have found it takes planning, but I haven't found it to be restrictive.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you currently rv? If so where do you like to go? Where do you plan to go? Our favorite spots in NW Ga are CoE parks, many sites say 40' but could handle longer, many say 40' and end up being tight. Just left a site that was 40 but because of slides hook ups had to keep coach close to front edge.

Much as it pains me to help a Nole, lol

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    Do you currently rv? If so where do you like to go? Where do you plan to go? Our favorite spots in NW Ga are CoE parks, many sites say 40' but could handle longer, many say 40' and end up being tight. Just left a site that was 40 but because of slides hook ups had to keep coach close to front edge.

Much as it pains me to help a Nole, lol
    It might make it worse to say my wife is a Bulldog

We don't. This is our first. We've checked out a few places near us (Lake Lanier CoE parks), and found a few that will work. We went over to Shoal Creek before trying to get a spot there, and I'm glad we did - it would've been way too short and on a curve.

Most of the places we've been looking are private resorts, not state parks. There are only a few we've been interested in that we can't fit in.

We did think it over before we signed, but now it's done - we placed an order for it yesterday!
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsufan82 View Post

We don't. This is our first. We've checked out a few places near us (Lake Lanier CoE parks), and found a few that will work. We went over to Shoal Creek before trying to get a spot there, and I'm glad we did - it would've been way too short and on a curve.

Most of the places we've been looking are private resorts, not state parks. There are only a few we've been interested in that we can't fit in.

We did think it over before we signed, but now it's done - we placed an order for it yesterday!
    Making me feel a bit nostalgic talking about Lake Lanier. Spent my childhood growing up on it, and lots of in it! Haven't camped on it in a few years now, and that was mostly at the scout camp. Got me feeling like breaking the tent out of the storage bin and heading over to the beautiful campground down the water from us here on the Olympic Peninsula that we can't fit into with our rig!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsufan82 View Post

😒 lol. Welcome and congrats. We've been in ours at Carter's lake since we picked it up Saturday. What dealer are you using?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is FSUFan's wife... I grew up on Lanier, too! Out practically every weekend. It's really busy now, but Margaritaville just took over the Islands, so we'll see if that makes it worth the craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    Making me feel a bit nostalgic talking about Lake Lanier. Spent my childhood growing up on it, and lots of in it! Haven't camped on it in a few years now, and that was mostly at the scout camp. Got me feeling like breaking the tent out of the storage bin and heading over to the beautiful campground down the water from us here on the Olympic Peninsula that we can't fit into with our rig!
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    �� lol. Welcome and congrats. We've been in ours at Carter's lake since we picked it up Saturday. What dealer are you using?

We started with Campers Inn in Acworth. They're HORRIBLE. Gave up waiting on them, even though it meant having to order a rig from the factory instead of getting one off the lot and driving an extra hour. We went with Northgate in Ringgold. So far we've been pleased with them. Much less hassle and better business practices than Campers Inn.
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast