User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsufan82 View Post
    We started with Campers Inn in Acworth. They're HORRIBLE. Gave up waiting on them, even though it meant having to order a rig from the factory instead of getting one off the lot and driving an extra hour. We went with Northgate in Ringgold. So far we've been pleased with them. Much less hassle and better business practices than Campers Inn.
    Campers Inn is terrible!!!! We would never go there , they ripped off my brother, told him one thing and did something else , never assume anything, if you don’t see it in writing, it won’t happen even if they say it’s included in this package .

Bryan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, we have bought 3 rigs from Campers Inn in Merrimack, NH and had a good experience each time. Very knowledgeable salesman and no sales issues.

So at least one of the Campers Inn locations is reputable in our experience.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bry1956 View Post
    Campers Inn is terrible!!!! We would never go there , they ripped off my brother, told him one thing and did something else , never assume anything, if you don’t see it in writing, it won’t happen even if they say it’s included in this package .

Bryan
    We had a similar situation. We went to look at one we thought they had, but it was actually at another GA location. They had 2 of the 377s on order, though. Tried to get us to agree to a price and put down a deposit but they couldn’t tell us the specs on each unit or if the price we were negotiating was based on dealer financing (which we didn’t want). We waited until we could see which options were on each one. Got the sheet to see the MSRP was 3k less than we were originally told. The salesman refused to negotiate from the new number but couldn’t tell us what the difference was. I discussed this with a manager and got to a price that I was okay with, including several upgrades. The next day, I called the salesman to discuss financing and he gave us a number that was almost 10k higher. Refused to admit the upgrades were included when I talked to the manager the day before. We were done with them at that point.

I’m sure not all dealers are like that, but it was quite an ordeal where we couldn’t trust anyone at this location. I’d hate going there for service.
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW Duramax Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say our experience with Acworth was average. Getting through the deal was ok, there were some bumps but we got it all done. Did external financing that beat their terms. They agreed to include the labor to change bed to King including building out the platform d/t some of the delays. Delivery day was fantastic, did a thorough PDI with highly knowledgeable tech.

We looked at Northgate and were close, had a good deal working but when we dropped in one Saturday overheard multiple conversations of salesmen "explaining" why they were knocking $2,3,4k of the previously agreed trade value and customers needed to provide more money in the deal. That soured me completely. And they wanted to charge us over $1k to change bed.

So, just goes to show, all experiences are individual. At the end of the day we each have to make those decisions. I hope the RV industry will catch up with the Auto industry like the improvements from the 70s/80s.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    I would say our experience with Acworth was average. Getting through the deal was ok, there were some bumps but we got it all done. Did external financing that beat their terms. They agreed to include the labor to change bed to King including building out the platform d/t some of the delays. Delivery day was fantastic, did a thorough PDI with highly knowledgeable tech.

We looked at Northgate and were close, had a good deal working but when we dropped in one Saturday overheard multiple conversations of salesmen "explaining" why they were knocking $2,3,4k of the previously agreed trade value and customers needed to provide more money in the deal. That soured me completely. And they wanted to charge us over $1k to change bed.

So, just goes to show, all experiences are individual. At the end of the day we each have to make those decisions. I hope the RV industry will catch up with the Auto industry like the improvements from the 70s/80s.
    Interesting. Glad it's not just universal. They had lots of positive reviews. And to be fair after my last comment, each department is different. The service department looked great. I was very put off after our first impression with sales and would have a hard time trusting them again, no matter the situation.
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW Duramax Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is FSUFan's wife... I grew up on Lanier, too! Out practically every weekend. It's really busy now, but Margaritaville just took over the Islands, so we'll see if that makes it worth the craziness.
    Busy is what chased me north to Dahlonega 20 years ago, Forsyth County got way too crowded for my tastes! Love it way more like where we are hanging out right now, the town consists of a General store that has the post office in a corner, a laundromat and a little diner. Fine with us that the nearest Walmart is 45 minutes away!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started with Campers Inn in Acworth. They're HORRIBLE. Gave up waiting on them, even though it meant having to order a rig from the factory instead of getting one off the lot and driving an extra hour. We went with Northgate in Ringgold. So far we've been pleased with them. Much less hassle and better business practices than Campers Inn.
    We got ours from there as well. Happy all around from what they gave us on our trade, to how much they beat everyone else on the price on the GD. Only experience with the service department has been through email and Ryan has been great to work with in that regard. All the warranty issues we've had felt with have been done with other places though, which has also been great with how GD handles that. No pointless towing it back to the dealer a couple hundred miles away for simple things like Keystone wanted us to do. Except for the stuff we had worked on last week, would have been 2500 miles to get to Northgate!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is why we opted for the tiny 220RK fifth wheel, it's not even 27 feet long tip to tip, so we can fit pretty much in any SP or NP and it is super easy to navigate through Walmart parking lots.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    😒 lol. Welcome and congrats. We've been in ours at Carter's lake since we picked it up Saturday. What dealer are you using?
    Just curious how you like the campground(s) at Carter's Lake? We've driven past Carter's Lake on our way to other places, but we've never camped there. It's about an hour from where we live, so we might try it sometime. Do you stay at Harris Branch or Woodring campground? Is there much for kids to do while there?
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doll mountain (Harris Branch side) is honestly our favorite place, even though it's 30 min from home. Was first place we stayed when we got our first camper. Now it's hard to get weekend spots through summer unless you book early. I know there's a little playground area but as we don't have kids couldn't speak to those activities. We've stayed at woodring once, got a last minute spot, but prefer doll.
    2019 REFLECTION 315RLTS
    2018 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD CCSB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast