User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    My wife and I are planning to sell our house, stuff, retire, and begin full time RVing and traveling the country beginning June 2019. We will both be RV newbies. We have looked at a ton of RV's and think we want to buy the Solitude 310GK. Here are some of my questions and I appreciate your replies.

1. Will we be able to replace the factory TV's with better quality smart TV's that we currently have in our house?
    2. We plan to mostly stay in the National Parks and Corp of Engineers RV parks but realize very long RV's may not fit. Do you think there will be a problem fitting the Solitude 310GK, which is 35' long, into an RV site?
    3. Do any of you travel all year long, even through the winter months. Because I know several National Parks close for the winter months. Could there be a problem finding an RV site?
    item 1: my three TCL TV's have great pictures and work well. Unless you are some sort of "videophile", I'd recommend saving your money.
    item 2: I have a 42' now, but my 35' was often unable to fit in National and many state parks.
    Item 3: Get used to having a hard time finding a site on short notice anywhere you go. RVing continues to grow at a very healthy clip and campgrounds are not keeping pace. In a couple of years, that will likely reverse when campground owners over react to demand and overbuild.

Good Luck and Safe Travels

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by usroamer View Post
    Randy

Thanks for the response, and good to here.

Since writing the OP, I actually made an appointment with MORryde this morning to get the 8K IS and Disc brakes installed. I had this put on my last trailer and it was money well spent as it towed soooooooo much better afterwards. After this investment we will be committed to this coach for a some time to come.
    So...how much did that cost?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    I think you will be very happy. The 375 res is a great RV to live in......I would be a little nervous towing it to Alaska though. I have heard way too many horror stories. I think I would rent an RV for that trip. Chicken I guess
    That's more urban legend than true. We went in 2016 up the ALCAN and back the Cassius and didn't have any problems. The Canadian roads in the Yukon Terriority are the worst and the AK roads comparable to most lower 48 roads. The key is slow down. There will be unexpected pothole, frost heaves, bad sections so slow down, enjoy the view and save the RV. When encountering oncoming traffic in construction zones, slow down, move as far to the right as possible. That may save your windshield. They only have the summer months to make road repairs so you will encounter construction, but they work pretty quick.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We left from central Texas in our ‘18 375 res in April...about 6 months now. It is a very solid trailer. My biggest concern so far are the springs, not flat yet... but getting there. Last time on the scale we were 16,105#. Not over...but right at the limit. Our only “shakedown”was a 2 night trip about 100 miles from home...then we left. In the last 6 months we have had very few problems, none major. A few screws here and there and a converter that went out last week. Replaced myself with a much better unit and grand design is picking up the tab. Before we left we had a chance to test appliances and systems and found a faulty oven. Called and they sent me a new one at my door in 2 days...less than an hour to replace. They absolutely stand behind their product. I’ll be calling shortly for springs and have no doubt they will do the right thing. You’ll hear a lot about the tires. We have about 6000 on ours now and they look fine. I’d buy another tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12