User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think "pray for" should be allowed. Religious debates should be censored.
    I agree with all other points.
    Thanks for taking this on!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although we've not been members for very long, everyone here has most cordial. But it only takes one person, one post, to take an awful turn. Having said that, we agree, and are in favor of keeping the rules as has been proposed.
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see it in writing. Look good as written to me.
    David, Victoria & Scout

2018 Ford F-350 CCLB DRW Metallic Power stroke diesel
    2017 310-GK R

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,
    Good list. I am okay with the Pray For, if we're keeping it personal. Pray for me or my ____, but not for my neighbor's cousin's son's girlfriend's mom's best friend...I'm going to bet that she has others to pray for her.

I'd like to add one more:
    Post in the correct location. I move a lot of threads out of the general discussion forum, and I shouldn't have to. It's not a dumping ground...says so right there on the sticky. lol.

Bottom line is this: Act like an adult, and you'll get treated like an adult. Act like something else and go to Steve's Banned Camp. If you still can't play nicely, then I will show you the door. If you get kicked off of the forum, I don't issue refunds. If you continue after I've done that, then I go to your ISP and we get to have some real fun.

This forum is great because you all are great. You are each moderators in your own right, and you use the power you have to report when things don't go right, and you help to police each other. I sincerely appreciate you as a community, and ultimately the rules we decide to follow become a binding agreement of our family.

Thanks!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Over the years, we've had some rules for the forum, but nothing real formal. From time to time, Chris and the moderators have had to penalize or ban guests and members for a variety of issues such as persistent arguing, spamming, bashing, etc. This forum is getting a large following, and it's time there should be some guidance to keep it running smoothly.

I'd like to have your input and suggested edits on the rules listed below. Once a quorum has been reached, I'll post them in a sticky

Forum Rules:

1. No advertising or soliciting business is allowed on the site. Sales people may participate in the site, but may not solicit customers either publicly or through private messaging. Exception – members may use the “for sale” sections of the forum for non-commercial sales.
    2. No political or religious (including “pray for”) posts are allowed.
    3. No profanity, including abbreviations or attempts to camouflage adult language.
    4. Interactions with other members shall remain civil. Name calling, bullying, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    5. Continued bashing of Grand Design or its suppliers is not permitted. Complaints are fine, but should not become repetitive. See additional forum posts regarding “Bashing”.
    6. Posting of links to spam sites is expressly prohibited.
    7. No posting of the same topic in multiple forum sections.

Rule Violations:
    Violations of the rules may result in posts being censored, modified or deleted. Members may be suspended or banned depending on the violation or repeated violations. Penalties are at the sole discretion of the forum owner and moderators. Usage of this forum provides acceptance of the rules and penalties for violating them.

Thanks - Jim
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Good list. I am okay with the Pray For, if we're keeping it personal. Pray for me or my ____, but not for my neighbor's cousin's son's girlfriend's mom's best friend...I'm going to bet that she has others to pray for her.

I'd like to add one more:
    Post in the correct location. I move a lot of threads out of the general discussion forum, and I shouldn't have to. It's not a dumping ground...says so right there on the sticky. lol.

Bottom line is this: Act like an adult, and you'll get treated like an adult. Act like something else and go to Steve's Banned Camp. If you still can't play nicely, then I will show you the door. If you get kicked off of the forum, I don't issue refunds. If you continue after I've done that, then I go to your ISP and we get to have some real fun.

This forum is great because you all are great. You are each moderators in your own right, and you use the power you have to report when things don't go right, and you help to police each other. I sincerely appreciate you as a community, and ultimately the rules we decide to follow become a binding agreement of our family.

Thanks!
    Chris
    I'm still concerned about opening the door to any type of religious posts or prayers and the negative effects it can have for others of a different or no belief. With thousands of members, we're sure to have people of different faiths or members who do not believe in any particular religion. What might seem benign to one person can have negative connotations for another. If I was Islamic, would anyone get offended if I asked for prayers to Allah for what-ever reason? There are so many ways to express your prayers or religious practices on other forums and your private pages such as FB.

Maybe a compromise would be to allow these types of posts in the "off topic" and blogs.

Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chris - I believe that participants who are Registered Guests are limited to the General Discussion section of the forum. Could that be driving the high number of posts in that section?

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I agree Jim.

Here's a definition of the word "pray".

pray
    prā/Submit
    verb
    1. address a solemn request or expression of thanks to a deity or other object of worship.

I'll stick with "I'm thinking about you" or "I'm sending you good vibes" or whatever else.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    I disagree with number 2 lumping politics and religion together. Religion is only politicized by politics. I don't believe "pray for" should be censored. If you don't, then don't, but don't take offense because there are those of us who do. I think being respectful covers it.
    I agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I agree Jim.

Here's a definition of the word "pray".

pray
    prā/Submit
    verb
    1. address a solemn request or expression of thanks to a deity or other object of worship.

I'll stick with "I'm thinking about you" or "I'm sending you good vibes" or whatever else.
    I agree with you, Paul. Those folks inclined to pray for someone will do so without being prompted.

I would support the rules as written.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast