User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Looks good Jim. I would keep them as they are including #2 .
    That's where my vote goes, also.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    My vote is as written. The less complicated the better.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your offer of a compromise but I decided to take a trip down memory lane here on the forum to see how valid a concern would banning of prayers be and found some examples of past usage. You'll forgive me if I climb to my perch in disagreement, browse below and tell me how these posts are offensive:
    Post regarding Hurricane Irma
    Also another lucky guy here as we too came through with no damage. Of course being in GA it wasn't near as bad as Florida but plenty bad enough for me. We ran the generator and just stayed in the 303 Sunday night after the power went out and the wind died down and never missed a beat. We got power back during the early morning hours this morning and moved back in the house. I was kinda sad lol! Prayers to all those who didn't fare so well!
    Black nose cap
    I am not sure what karma really is, just another way of saying what goes around comes around. As a result of this I am lighting candles and saying prayers for the individual who decided painting an RV nose cap black. That poor person has some really bad karma coming their way.

Anyone who has tried to remove the bugs from a black RV nose cap has made ill wishes toward that poor person. It can’t be helped. After scrubbing and scrubbing bugs off the front you wait for it dry thinking it will be spotless and very clean. Then the bug parts show up on the black paint.

Hurricane Harvey
    If you are familiar with Port A, that means that there was a huge amount of water going over the island. Prayers for all the people of the gulf coast. Houston is dealing with major flooding, Corpus Christi, Rockport, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas are dealing with nearly total destruction from wind and water.

Tragedy post and request

Concern and prayers for Jim and Ginny Hinkle
    Asking all of us to send love and support to our friends. Their Ford truck and Reflection 337 just totally burned beyond recognition on Interstate 57 in Illinois (Facebook post). They are safe and currently checked into a hotel. Thank God for their escape with their dog.

Son Deploying to serve in Kuwait

Re: New Member in Georgia
    Renee, please tell your Son we said Thanks for his service and we will keep him in our prayers.

As Mom always said no discussions of Religion or Politics at the Holiday meal tables, but I do not concur with the OP's suggestion that (including "pray for") be banned. In my search for "prayers" there have been 22 posts with that word in there and I picked totally at random the examples above, nowhere do I see anyone seeking conversions from another faith nor do I see any specific references to a specific faith with the word prayer. Again to my knowledge, prayer is universal in usage to all religions from Buddhists to Islam to Pentecostal, even Wiccans pray; so why ban something that is a common thread across all beliefs. I will close now as I realize this is getting verbose but in strongest terms I disagree with that suggestion as it was done a number of years ago in schools and we see how that has strengthened that particular segment of our society. TY
    Lee and Michelle
    2017 Reflections 303RLS Build Date 12/14/16
    2015 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.2L V8 3.73
    B&W Turnover ball and Andersen Ult 5th Wheel
    Prev:2015 Keystone Passport 2890RL
    2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Max Towing Package
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Trailer Tow Group 3.6L 4x4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine with the rules as is.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just catching up . . . this has been a busy day on the forum .
    I am good with Jim's proposed rules as written.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bode View Post
    I appreciate your offer of a compromise but I decided to take a trip down memory lane here on the forum to see how valid a concern would banning of prayers be and found some examples of past usage. ...
    It appears to me that all those examples are of times where the poster is saying they are going to pray. Not ones asking for prayers.

I don't particularly find "please pray for....." offensive, but it always feels sort of preachy to me for someone to try to direct my prayers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Over the years, we've had some rules for the forum, but nothing real formal. From time to time, Chris and the moderators have had to penalize or ban guests and members for a variety of issues such as persistent arguing, spamming, bashing, etc. This forum is getting a large following, and it's time there should be some guidance to keep it running smoothly.

I'd like to have your input and suggested edits on the rules listed below. Once a quorum has been reached, I'll post them in a sticky

Forum Rules:

1. No advertising or soliciting business is allowed on the site. Sales people may participate in the site, but may not solicit customers either publicly or through private messaging. Exception – members may use the “for sale” sections of the forum for non-commercial sales.
    2. No political or religious (including “pray for”) posts are allowed.
    3. No profanity, including abbreviations or attempts to camouflage adult language.
    4. Interactions with other members shall remain civil. Name calling, bullying, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    5. Continued bashing of Grand Design or its suppliers is not permitted. Complaints are fine, but should not become repetitive. See additional forum posts regarding “Bashing”.
    6. Posting of links to spam sites is expressly prohibited.
    7. No posting of the same topic in multiple forum sections.

Rule Violations:
    Violations of the rules may result in posts being censored, modified or deleted. Members may be suspended or banned depending on the violation or repeated violations. Penalties are at the sole discretion of the forum owner and moderators. Usage of this forum provides acceptance of the rules and penalties for violating them.

Thanks - Jim
    Works for me!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    It appears to me that all those examples are of times where the poster is saying they are going to pray. Not ones asking for prayers.

I don't particularly find "please pray for....." offensive, but it always feels sort of preachy to me for someone to try to direct my prayers.
    That's a good point and I agree with Lee too. Maybe it just needs clarificantion. The point I was trying to convey was in no way, shape or form to keep someone from saying "I'll pray, or meditate, or send thoughts" for you. What I was trying to say was that in this forum we really shouldn't have threads that are focused on asking others to pray for an outcome. I'm really struggling to put into words what I'm trying to say. HELP

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post

it always feels sort of preachy to me for someone to try to direct my prayers.
    I have to agree. I would so much more appreciate when someone tells me in my time of need that they are thinking of me or hoping for the best because it's an action "they" are committing to do. To me, a person who is not a believer in any deities, sending prayers is like absolving themselves of any additional concern. They are passing it on to their god to deal with.

To be perfectly clear, I don't care what others believe in or if they pray or whatever but sometimes those folks believe everyone else does or they appreciate it or it's harmless. It really isn't to me.

I have found that I must keep my mouth shut about being a non-believer but believers never even consider that themselves.

Just my point of view. I try to live by .... Better to say nothing than offend anyone else.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    That's a good point and I agree with Lee too. Maybe it just needs clarificantion. The point I was trying to convey was in no way, shape or form to keep someone from saying "I'll pray, or meditate, or send thoughts" for you. What I was trying to say was that in this forum we really shouldn't have threads that are focused on asking others to pray for an outcome. I'm really struggling to put into words what I'm trying to say. HELP

Jim
    I think that's pretty clear:

Don't ask for prayers. Saying "I'll be praying" is OK.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast