User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Over the years, we've had some rules for the forum, but nothing real formal. From time to time, Chris and the moderators have had to penalize or ban guests and members for a variety of issues such as persistent arguing, spamming, bashing, etc. This forum is getting a large following, and it's time there should be some guidance to keep it running smoothly.

I'd like to have your input and suggested edits on the rules listed below. Once a quorum has been reached, I'll post them in a sticky

Forum Rules:

1. No advertising or soliciting business is allowed on the site. Sales people may participate in the site, but may not solicit customers either publicly or through private messaging. Exception – members may use the “for sale” sections of the forum for non-commercial sales.
    2. No political or religious (including “pray for”) posts are allowed.
    3. No profanity, including abbreviations or attempts to camouflage adult language.
    4. Interactions with other members shall remain civil. Name calling, bullying, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    5. Continued bashing of Grand Design or its suppliers is not permitted. Complaints are fine, but should not become repetitive. See additional forum posts regarding “Bashing”.
    6. Posting of links to spam sites is expressly prohibited.
    7. No posting of the same topic in multiple forum sections.

Rule Violations:
    Violations of the rules may result in posts being censored, modified or deleted. Members may be suspended or banned depending on the violation or repeated violations. Penalties are at the sole discretion of the forum owner and moderators. Usage of this forum provides acceptance of the rules and penalties for violating them.

Thanks - Jim
    Thanks to all working this forum.
    I'm good with the rules.
    The only political thing I can think of that might be viewed as an exception is if it has to do with a law change or taxing change that relates directly to the RV industry. Maybe few and very far between times but "they" may come up with some new manufacturing regulations that affect the RV industry.
    Is it possible to have new subscribers to have a check box to agree to the rules before they become a member? Puts it up front before they sign up.

I dont facebook, Tami keeps me up to date on that front.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I'll take the updated rules and put them up on the intro section, where they used to be. As for the religion/politics stuff, I'm not afraid to tell someone that they're being silly, saying "No", and asking them to go somewhere else. The forum is a voluntary experience. If people are not happy with the way that I run the forum, there are other avenues. We will never try to be all things to all people.
    Thank you all for your input and for your evangelism of this forum.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see a problem in asking for, or telling someone you will pray for them in a public forum. However, it is a privately owned, public form so the owners have the right to moderate content. I wish you would leave the prayer part out of the rules. How often does someone actually ask for prayer on the forum?
    And really, most of us know when someone needs prayer so we can pray for them without posting it. Or we could send them a PM letting them know that someone is praying for them. That way those who are offended by prayer requests don't have to see it.
    Scott and Cristy (future Texans)
    Dreaming of:
    RAM 3500
    Reflection 320MKS

http://airprayer.net/

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ez...f8d0/event.png

But who's counting?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by svanarts View Post
    I don't see a problem in asking for, or telling someone you will pray for them in a public forum. However, it is a privately owned, public form so the owners have the right to moderate content. I wish you would leave the prayer part out of the rules. How often does someone actually ask for prayer on the forum?
    And really, most of us know when someone needs prayer so we can pray for them without posting it. Or we could send them a PM letting them know that someone is praying for them. That way those who are offended by prayer requests don't have to see it.
    The rules were changed in the "released" copy. No problem praying for someone. The issue is more overt religious posts. And Chris created a section for those.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Scott and Cristy (future Texans)
    Dreaming of:
    RAM 3500
    Reflection 320MKS

http://airprayer.net/