Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
A soldier, a Sailor, and Airman, a Coast Guardsman and a Marine got into an argument about which service was “the best.”

The argument became so heated they failed to see an oncoming truck, and were run over and killed instantly. Soon the five servicemen found themselves at the Pearly gates of Heaven.

There they met Saint Peter and decided that only he could be the ultimate source of truth and honesty. So, they asked him, “Saint Peter, which branch of the United States Armed Services is the best?”

Saint Peter replied, “I can’t answer that; however, I will ask God what He thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service and welcome to Heaven.”

Sometime later they see Saint Peter and remind him of the question they had asked when first entering Heaven, and if he was able to find the answer.

Suddenly, a sparkling white dove lands on Saint Peter’s shoulder. In the dove’s beak is a note glistening with gold dust. Saint Peter said to the five servicemen, “Your answer from the Boss. Let’s see what He says”. Saint Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into the air, harps pay crescendos, angels sing and Saint Peter begins to read the note to the five servicemen.

MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE

TO: Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines.

SUBJ: Which military service is the best?

Gentlemen, all branches of the United State Armed Forces are honorable and noble. Each serves America well and with distinction. Being a serviceman in the United States Military represents a special call warranting special respect tribute and dedication. Be proud of that.

Sincerely,
GOD, USAF (Ret.)
The version I heard had all but the sailor going to Hell, and God was a O-11 Fleet Admiral.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk