User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2015 Solitude 320X....LOVE IT!!!

We have had our Solitude for just over a year. We are so happy with our choice of the Solitude. Love it so much we just had it Ceramic Coated to protect it and make it shine for years. We thought it shined before...what’s difference. Looking forward to years of fun with our fifth wheel. Thank you Grand Design for the perfect RV for us.

Doug and Sue. Peoria Az

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I gotta ask...what’d that run you if you don’t mind sharing...

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd also be interested in hearing more information about this. My understanding was that ceramic coatings were for painted surfaces whereas our trailers, for the most part, are not painted so what does it bind with? And what about the decals? Most sites I've read say you shouldn't apply over decals.

PS. It does look fantastic. Who wouldn't want that?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    So I gotta ask...what’d that run you if you don’t mind sharing...

It ran about $75 per foot. It varies on RV style. That is the big part. Once a year I will take it back to him for I believe $7 a foot to touch up and refresh it. All we have to do is wash it at least 4 tines a year. We bought their car wash soap and the spray touch up for easy bug removal. Look at FB for Bob Moses Ceramic Coatings. Matt is the owner . Lots of videos and pics to show just how great this is. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks, doug

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I'd also be interested in hearing more information about this. My understanding was that ceramic coatings were for painted surfaces whereas our trailers, for the most part, are not painted so what does it bind with? And what about the decals? Most sites I've read say you shouldn't apply over decals.

PS. It does look fantastic. Who wouldn't want that?
    I would have you talk with Matt the owner at Bob Moses Ceramic Coatings. You can find him on FB or online. Just tell him we talked . He will tell you all about it. I’m simply a very satisfied customer sharing a good thing. Let me know how it goes . Doug

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougandsue View Post
    I would have you talk with Matt the owner at Bob Moses Ceramic Coatings. You can find him on FB or online. Just tell him we talked . He will tell you all about it. I’m simply a very satisfied customer sharing a good thing. Let me know how it goes . Doug

Thanks Doug. I've been doing some research online for local shops and while there's absolutely no doubt your rig looks amazing, it's a tad expensive for us.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Thanks Doug. I've been doing some research online for local shops and while there's absolutely no doubt your rig looks amazing, it's a tad expensive for us.
    We had to think out it too. Since this will be our last RV ( so we say now) we thought we would do what we needed to make it last. When you thin a wax job runs about $300 and lasts about 2-3 months here in Arizona this made more sense then. Take care . Chat with you soon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a do-it-yourself kit on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Coati.../dp/B01N7UF4ZD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Here is a do-it-yourself kit on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Coati.../dp/B01N7UF4ZD
    I’m sure that is a decent product. Not sure how many it would take to do a trailer. Like any job, preparation is the most important part. Even though our trailer was in very good shape, the preparation made all the difference. I sell a product at my work that is simply spray on and buff. Works very well. But it too has a short life compared to the 2-3 stage process the use. But you are right that there are products that you can buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougandsue View Post
    It ran about $75 per foot. It varies on RV style. That is the big part. Once a year I will take it back to him for I believe $7 a foot to touch up and refresh it. All we have to do is wash it at least 4 tines a year. We bought their car wash soap and the spray touch up for easy bug removal. Look at FB for Bob Moses Ceramic Coatings. Matt is the owner . Lots of videos and pics to show just how great this is. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks, doug

Sure that’s a lot of $$...but it’s really only 4-5% of the purchase price...

Looks amazing and I will definitely look into it around my neck of the woods. Arizona’s a little far for ceramic coating lol.

Did he mention anything about it acting funny with the decals??

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast