User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There may be a modal trend developing with plumbing leaks on some newly sold units. Therefore, I'm moving this thread to the "Tech Corner" of the forum so Grand Design is notified and can weigh in. I've also tagged Emily Stahley to this thread.

Jim - Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed one of these water leak alarms in my rig. I have the sensing cable laid out and around the plumbing manifold and water pump area. The alarm box is in the bathroom as there is a vent in the floor above the belly that I dropped the cable thru. It already saved me with an immediate warning when I had a little leak at the pump. https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-RWD...ter+leak+alarm
    Tim Rutledge
    Phoenix, AZ
    2107 Reflection 318rst
    2106 Chevy 2500HD Z72 4x4 Duramax
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-hose-with-Pex

Link to my thread 2019 momentum plumbing issues with 60% of the red flex hoses. Leaks, bubbles etc.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic idea, Tim. I just put a Honeywell leak detector and 8 ft extension cable in my Amazon cart. Keeping tabs on this forum has me paranoid - in a good way!

No water leaks yet in our 230RL, but something tells me this issue is in our near future...
    Chad & Marisa (plus 7.5 lb Enzo!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost
    - Heavy Duty Payload Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, 6.5' Bed, 18" Wheels
    - Demco Recon 21K Hitch, RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    I picked up my new 2018 Imagine 2150RB about a month ago and was finally able to take it camping this weekend.

The first night (Friday) the water pump cycled every few minutes, so I knew something wasn’t right. I shut the pump off. I’ll spare you the gross details, but due to food poisoning I had to use the toilet a few times and had to turn in the water pump each time, and shut it off again when I was done.

The next morning I was able to see that a pinhole sized leak was coming from a crack in a fitting leading to the outside spray port. By that time, several gallons of water has escaped and got into the underbelly.

I was able to drive to a local RV dealer and got a 1/2” plug to prevent water from leaking out of that fitting. Problem solved. Was able to turn the water pump on and had no more issues of the pump cycling on and off repeatedly.

Fast forward until today. I took a shower and then proceeded to break camp. When I came back into the trailer, I could hear a hiss coming from what sounded like the top of the wall that the shower is located on. I could also see a small stream of water coming from the base of the wall (or somewhere close to that) and running down along the carpet in front of the sofa. The carpet all along there was damp. I shut the water pump off again and drained all the water from the shower head and the hissing stopped.

So now I have to get an appointment for the dealer to look at it, who is about an hour away from me. My concerns are 1) all the water that was in the underbelly. See the pic...I believe that was because of this incident. And 2) the water leak in the wall and the water that got into the carpet and wherever else it may have gone.

I was planning on using the camper again this coming weekend, but doubt that will happen. And I definitely need it fixed for good before I leave for Alaska in early July. Hopefully Grand Design will step up to the plate and assist with this mess, especially since it’s the first time the camper has been out since purchasing it brand new.

I’m in the marine industry for a large manufacture, so I know things like this happen. It’s what is done to make things right in the eyes of the customer that will define a company. I love my Grand Design trailer, but this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Sorry for the rant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good afternoon. Sorry for the delay in reply on this one. We would like to be able to get you taken care of asap as we do not want to see anyone unhappy with their coach. If you could please message me your contact info so that we can have a rep reach out to get the ball rolling that would be fantastic. If this does not work for you and you are needing some assistance in how to make the repair, their seems to be some pretty knowledgeable replies on this thread, and you can then hold on to your receipts and send them over to us via email so that we can reimburse. We will also be sending this info over to our Imagine team so they are aware of what you all are seeing.
    Thank you!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Good afternoon. Sorry for the delay in reply on this one. We would like to be able to get you taken care of asap as we do not want to see anyone unhappy with their coach. If you could please message me your contact info so that we can have a rep reach out to get the ball rolling that would be fantastic. If this does not work for you and you are needing some assistance in how to make the repair, their seems to be some pretty knowledgeable replies on this thread, and you can then hold on to your receipts and send them over to us via email so that we can reimburse. We will also be sending this info over to our Imagine team so they are aware of what you all are seeing.
    Thank you!
    Thanks! PM has been sent.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Thank you!
    John reached out to me and discussed the issues. Sounds like GD will take care of all the issues under warranty.

Thanks again for the help!

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    I feel your pain, that’s for sure. Wishing you the best!!

Question??......Why did the moderator move this thread post from the "plumbing" section of the forum???
    It's a issue that needs to be discussed and corrected....

Keith & Patsy Staudt & Buttercup (pet dog)
    Bridge City, Texas 77611
    "Back 9 Adventures"
    2018 Grand Design "Imagine" 2050RB

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Question??......Why did the moderator move this thread post from the "plumbing" section of the forum???
    It's a issue that needs to be discussed and corrected....

Keith & Patsy Staudt & Buttercup (pet dog)
    Bridge City, Texas 77611
    "Back 9 Adventures"
    2018 Grand Design "Imagine" 2050RB
    GDRV only monitors the “Manufacturer’s Section” of this privately owned forum. If you are looking for their input or comment, the post needs to be in this section.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to post some feedback for you all! I was able to hear back from the production teams...

The fittings we use in the plumbing system are all polymer type fittings...PEX...which is not plastic and is rated for high heat or they would not be listed for use with hot water. Same with the PEX waterlines and hoses within the system. It's the same with faucets and any other parts within the water system. If the water heater gets hotter than 265 degrees, the pressure relief valve will pop open. The system parts are rated for 400 + degrees. There are times that the fittings could get some sediment build up, but that can happen even with brass fittings. PEX fittings are becoming quite popular as this is what is being used in new home builds as well as yachts.

If you are seeing concerns, please be sure to reach out to our team. We know that many of you are very handy, and honestly that helps in all situations.... however if we are not seeing things before they re getting repaired, we can't track things properly So even if you know you can fix it... give out team a shout just to give them a heads up.

Thank you everyone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast