User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Just wanted to post some feedback for you all! I was able to hear back from the production teams...

The fittings we use in the plumbing system are all polymer type fittings...PEX...which is not plastic and is rated for high heat or they would not be listed for use with hot water. Same with the PEX waterlines and hoses within the system. It's the same with faucets and any other parts within the water system. If the water heater gets hotter than 265 degrees, the pressure relief valve will pop open. The system parts are rated for 400 + degrees. There are times that the fittings could get some sediment build up, but that can happen even with brass fittings. PEX fittings are becoming quite popular as this is what is being used in new home builds as well as yachts.

If you are seeing concerns, please be sure to reach out to our team. We know that many of you are very handy, and honestly that helps in all situations.... however if we are not seeing things before they re getting repaired, we can't track things properly So even if you know you can fix it... give out team a shout just to give them a heads up.

Thank you everyone!
    I believe in my case the fitting was overtightened to the spray port metal, which caused the crack and subsequent leak. Just an observation in case it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow-up...John from GD reached out to me out of the blue this morning just to see how things were going. Was completely unexpected and I thought it was very nice gesture. Made me feel much more confident that I have the support from the factory! Way to go, GD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had our 2019 Imagine 2400BH out for the first time this past weekend, and experienced a leak at the same connection point! In our case, I don't think the fitting was cracked because I tightened the fitting a quarter turn and the leak stopped. Maybe they over-compensated for the overtightening issue? I believe my unit was manufactured in April.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123