User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend 27BHS First Impressions

This is my first post on this forum and I thought I’d share my impressions of the Transcend 27BHS I purchased.

We had our second trip the past weekend and, overall, the Transcend has impressed so far. I am (or was) a diehard Jayco fanboy but the closest Jay Flight model to the 27BHS was a bit too long, so I started to explore alternatives. I came across the Imagine line and really liked the layout of the 2800BH, but it was a bit outside my price range. I then saw the 27BHS and it seemed like the perfect fit for my needs.

After a couple of actual camping trips, here are my impressions:

-- The layout/floorplan is great. Having drawers under the bunks right by the door is perfect for things like bug spray, sunscreen, etc., and for storing kids stuff. The main bedroom is great and stays relatively dark in the morning.

-- Vents! I dry camp a lot so having three roof vents is excellent. The ones in the kitchen and bathroom have power fans. I like skylights but, personally, will take a vent that opens every time.

-- Initial fit-and-finish has been good. Compared to a brand like Jay Flight, the fixtures are more basic but the quality of what’s there seems a small step better.

-- Interior storage. I’ve owned several trailers and the Transcend makes the best use of available space I’ve seen. Grand Design really does make every possible nook-and-cranny they can available to use.

-- Furnace is for real. The furnace seems like an upgrade over what was in our previous trailers. The 27BHS is a pretty big trailer but it heats up quickly.

-- Miscellaneous: things like bigger interior switches, blackout shades for the bunks, Maxxair vent covers from the factory, motion-sensing lights on both sides of the pass-thru, etc.

Minor Quibbles:
    -- Figuring out the grey tanks. Seriously, the manual needs to be updated–it’s so generic. My grey tank readings are either off or I’ve got a much smaller thank than advertised. The manual indicates two grey tank levers but I’ve crawled underneath the trailer and only found one grey tank lever. Based on the plumbing, it looks like the trailer is plumbed for two tanks.

-- No proper outdoor shower or outdoor sink. I feel like this would be such an easy/cheap fix for Grand Design. With kids, the outdoor shower gets constant use to wash hands/spray off. The Transcend has a spray port but it’s not the same as having a dedicated hot/cold shower/sink for the kids to use.

-- No 12v plug. This quibble isn’t unique to the Transcend but I do wish it had a 12v plug near the TV. I dry camp a lot so a plug for a small inverter to power the TV would be nice. It’s not that hard to install, but still, it’d be nice to have one from factory.

-- Bottom bunk doesn’t fold up. I guess they need things to differentiate the Transcend from the Imagine (and keep costs down) but it would have been nice if they kept the fold-up bottom bunk. It’s nice to have the storage space under the bunk but it’s tricky to get to the very back without being able to lift the bunk up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Transcend 27BHS
    Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2020 Transcend there are two grey tank dumps. One is under the dinette area of the camper and the other is back with the black tank dump.
    2020 Transcend 27BHS
    2011 F150 SCREW 4x4 Offroad 3.73, Elocker, Ecoboost
    Gas a Just rear shocks / 5 star Adapative/Performance tunes
    Equalizer 10k hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 has two grey tanks as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this. Just looked at one today and that is where we are leaning. Would love a 2800BH but it is too expensive for us. We liked the layout for sure. Seems the main differences are in construction and insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 29TBS has two grey tanks too
    2019 Ram Rebel
    2020 Transcend 29TBS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]