User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Nautilus P1 parts available?

I have a leak from lower elbow on the ball valve behind the black lever. Where do you find replacement parts? I have called and e-mailed Grand Design customer service and am still awaiting a response

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rustiecruising - are you sure that this elbow is a Nautilus part, or might it be an installation part? Can you post a picture? Does it have Pex tubing or soft hose attached to it?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    rustiecruising - are you sure that this elbow is a Nautilus part, or might it be an installation part? Can you post a picture? Does it have Pex tubing or soft hose attached to it?

Rob

There is a drip that forms on the vertical threads of the elbow from the lower half of the ball valve behind the black lever. There is a hard PEX tube affixed to the horizontal threads of the elbow. It drips when I am switched to "Power Fill" position, but ceases when the other settings are used. I cannot determine if the leak is from the ball valve or the treaded elbow. All connections are tight.

Sorry the photo is rotated 1/4 turn to left. The lettering on the panel will indicate what the correct orientation should be.

Thanks for your input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180520_184229 drip.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	12984

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suspect the elbow . . . it is always a compromise with an elbow between getting the alignment right and getting the connection tight enough, but not over tightened. I would start by removing the elbow, applying a generous wrap of teflon thread seal tape and re-install.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rustiecruising View Post
    I have a leak from lower elbow on the ball valve behind the black lever. Where do you find replacement parts? I have called and e-mailed Grand Design customer service and am still awaiting a response
    Good morning! Can you please let me know your contact info so that we can follow up on your request? You can message it to me (Phone # and email please!). Appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I have had contact with customer service and am happy. My thanks to Emily and David.

Rob, thank you again. Your suggestion will be used when making the repair.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rustiecruising View Post
    There is a drip that forms on the vertical threads of the elbow from the lower half of the ball valve behind the black lever. There is a hard PEX tube affixed to the horizontal threads of the elbow. It drips when I am switched to "Power Fill" position, but ceases when the other settings are used. I cannot determine if the leak is from the ball valve or the treaded elbow. All connections are tight.

Sorry the photo is rotated 1/4 turn to left. The lettering on the panel will indicate what the correct orientation should be.

Thanks for your input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180520_184229 drip.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	12984
    Had same problem. I replaced the elbow with a shark bite elbow with threaded end on one end and a push fitting on the other. Worked great and way more solid than the original.

I currently the pex and took out the elbow in that line so that I could adjust alignment.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If one wasn't familiar with today's plumbing "systems" on RV's, one would easily think by looking at those pictures that this was some sort of water delivery system on the International Space Station. Amazing how complicated this has to be when all that is being supplied is water to 2 sinks, a shower and a toilet.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same issue and did a similar fix as gigattime did above until I could get replacement parts from GD. My elbow looked to have a manufacturing defect where the two haves were molded together. Had a very fine spray out of the seam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you this is what I needed, mine has been leaking at the threaded connection. the rubber gasket was pinched. Now the threaded 90 from the valve is seeping water from trying to tighten the other leak. By re-routing the line it will also take the stress off the connection which can cause the elbow on the valve to loosen. Which I'm sure is the reason it started seeping.