User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    Disconnect from shore power and laughing make sure the generator is off.
    Not sure I understand. I think you're saying to just use the generator? That'd be fine with me as there is no one next to us today. But this park will be filled up tomorrow through the weekend and I'm not sure our neighbors will appreciate that.

Edit.....Think your saying turn both off.....got it. Thanks
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Not sure I understand. I think you're saying to just use the generator? That'd be fine with me as there is no one next to us today. But this park will be filled up tomorrow through the weekend and I'm not sure our neighbors will appreciate that.

Edit.....Think your saying turn both off.....got it. Thanks
    My apology for trying to be funny, my response was in regards to your question regarding what safety precautions to take when swapping the shore power and generator in the transfer switch.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    My apology for trying to be funny, my response was in regards to your question regarding what safety precautions to take when swapping the shore power and generator in the transfer switch.
    No problem. I need some humor. Just tried to start the genny again and it is giving a "needs service" code, so now I'm checking into that. Once it get under 90 degrees I guess I'll be switching wires on the ATS for sure.
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Got to today's stop near ABQ and have the same issue again. I've not tried recycling with the gen yet to hopefully get it unstuck, but yesterday someone suggested moving the SP inputs to the Gen side (so I guess the gen would be useless temporarily). So it looked to me like the SP and Gen inputs were on the same side of the ATS, and the other side was crossover between the two? So I am correct in that I would just disconnect the Gen wires and SP wires and insert the SP wires where the Gen wires went? Besides disconnecting from SP, is there any safety precaution I need to take before working on it. AND, after the Gen is disconnected, I assume there would be no safety issue with them just laying in the basement until I can get it replaced? I haven't unloaded the basement yet or I'd take a picture. I'm going to try running the gen again and switching between the Gen and SP before I tackle the rewiring. Unloading the basement for a full-timer is no fun. :-(

Since it is Memorial Day weekend, I'm not even going to try to call a dealer of mobile tech. Figure I'll never get one. We leave here Tuesday and will be in Colorado Springs Wed, so if it takes expertise, I'm a week away from it.
    Yes that should work, take pictures of the wires before start unwiring, SP unplugged from rig, generator off, tape up generator wires if leaving them unconnected

What's the make & model of the ATS?

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Yes that should work, takes pictures of the wires before start unwiring, SP unplugged from rig, generator off, tape up generator wires if leaving them unconnected

What's the make & model of the ATS?

Gene
    Gene - I've not been back in the basement, but I tried the SP one more time and this time it broke that solenoid free and I now have full power. The ATS is a Furrion - it looks very similar to this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-F50-A...ds=furrion+ATS

Our Rig is a '14 build, '15 model 380TH with 3 AC units (not sure if that would have mattered. It is definitely going to need to be replaced because I cannot go though this every stop ;-) I actually still have an extended warranty ($100 deductible), but if they all come pre-wired like this and all you have to do it the inputs and output, I think I could handle that.
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regards to the generator, needs service: had that happen once about a year ago. We run the generator at least two hours every months, haven’t had that error since then.

A long way of saying it may be a fluke.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was....I'm the same way....only run it once a month and it has a whopping 90 hours on it. Anyway, I checked the plugs, etc, tried it again, and it started again.

So after about an hour working, the 2nd leg dropped again for about 5 minutes, then restarted and has been fine for a couple of hours. Obviously something is failing. I'm hoping to cripple through tonight, en redo the wiring tomorrow. Hopefully that will hold until we get to Colorado Springs ne t Wednesday.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that should work fine moving the wires. I’d tape up the generator wires for good measure. Only downside should be no generator.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last question.....Since I'm going to have to replace the ATS, I've found the same model Furrion AT-50 on Amazon. Is it probably as good as any, or is there another that would give better service. At $160, it seems in the same price range and via Prime I can have it in hand in a couple of days. Thoughts?
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general I'm not impressed with most of the Furrion gear on my rig, I'd be looking for something better, but I don't have a specific recommendation.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast