User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My devices converse in Canadian . . . so I have to go back and change things like centre, colour, kilometre, neighbour . . . so I don't confuse you guys . BTW, many folks seem to think that this forum is like email where you can't edit something sent. You can always go back into your own posts on this forum to fix a spelling mistake that you didn’t see until after hitting "post".

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in the end our brain can read things no matter how hard we try to confuse it.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone has some "ADD" when it comes to certain spellings, phrases, etc. on forums. Even before "foruming" VIN # was one that got me.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about hot water heater?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    How about hot water heater?
    Exactly. Why do people need to heat their hot water?? How hot do you really need it...???
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab
    B & W Companion (T/O Ball Mount)
    SBGTF

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This generation's use of your for you're is what drives me crazy. I've even seen the mistake in a major publication. I don't know if their editors should be more embarrassed or ashamed.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    This generation's use of your for you're is what drives me crazy. I've even seen the mistake in a major publication. I don't know if their editors should be more embarrassed or ashamed.
    Yes, I think the mistakes are more frequent these days. As far as major ones go, what sticks in my mind is a brand new tour bus shiney as can be, and the logo on the side (forgot the company name so I'll make one up): Jones Tour's. And what did Tour's possess?

I got a real charge out of the comments, esp Rob's. I personally came to the conclusion that smartphones had something to do with it, and this makes me happy I'm not smart enough to use one! Thanks to all posters for their input.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom&Joan I can definitely relate! I am the swing shift garage supervisor for our school bus fleet. We have a "Garage Repair Slip" that the driver fills out to notify us of a defect on their bus. Now, our drivers come from all walks of life, all Nationalities, and have varying degrees of penmanship. Fortunately, I have been in this business long enough that I speak fluent "driver" and most often can explain to the mechanic what the heck the driver is complaining about. Some slips I can't help but laugh at how the driver said what he said. There have been times though, that even I can't figure out what the driver is trying to say. And yes, they do use terms like "thingie" and "doo-hickie".

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    My devices converse in Canadian . . . so I have to go back and change things like centre, colour, kilometre, neighbour . . . so I don't confuse you guys . BTW, many folks seem to think that this forum is like email where you can't edit something sent. You can always go back into your own posts on this forum to fix a spelling mistake that you didn’t see until after hitting "post".

Rob
    Personally I wouldn't mind the Canadian spellings, it might help add some class around here.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit to being functionally illiterate. I learned at an early age that I am not a normal person and communicating verbally is challenging for me. I do a little better typing, I can't spell, spell check has been a god send for me. I cannot write cursive, I can usually read it, but not always.

In my career we used a form of short hand symbols to communicate, so I didn't have to use English. Computers saved me, they allow me to correct instantly, edit easily, re-read several times before sending the communication forward.

When I try to teach my wife how to back a trailer up it's like someone has built a wall of misunderstanding between us, no matter what I say it comes out exactly backward of what she understands.

(Edited for grammar)
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast