Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieover View Post
    Dealer said Max tongue is 910 lbs
    But found the sticker on the hitch saying 1200 lbs
    Don’t know witch to follow? Sticker says that tow vehicle rating maybe less, which it is at 9100 lbs

1200 is with the EQ hitch.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 5.3L he won’t like towing the 2800BH, plenty of people out there atesting to that and he’s not a max tow. Outside of payload, a lack of brakes and power will make for a less than desired ride. So my opinion is the trailer is too much, not even accounting for passengers and cargo. In fact, while my 6.2L max tow package can pull the 2800BH, realisticially a 2500 would be a better TV.

The smallet litre ‘18s still have 6 speeds. While an 8 speed will help with shfiting while under load, that will not help with handling the load, nor the work it will put on the drivetrain, or so I think.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    With the 5.3L he won’t like towing the 2800BH, plenty of people out there atesting to that and he’s not a max tow. Outside of payload, a lack of brakes and power will make for a less than desired ride. So my opinion is the trailer is too much, not even accounting for passengers and cargo. In fact, while my 6.2L max tow package can pull the 2800BH, realisticially a 2500 would be a better TV.

The smallet litre ‘18s still have 6 speeds. While an 8 speed will help with shfiting while under load, that will not help with handling the load, nor the work it will put on the drivetrain, or so I think.
    Logroller,
    I believe he already has the truck. I tow very close to the weight of the 2800 with the same truck and I'm having no issues. I also do not want a 2500 or a 3500 as my daily driver since 95% of my time is running empty. There are trade offs in every application but this combination is safe and within the load limits of the truck. I pulled my statement on the 6 speed/8speed since I realized he already has the truck. The 8 speed would provide an advantage in towing if the truck had this trans. The new MY19 truck with 10 speed provides even a greater advantage in towing with its close ratio's in getting things moving.

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12