User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tv in bedroom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    Well I’m 100% positive it’s not on the one in the bedroom as I looked with a flashlight which means it would have to be behind the fireplace in the living room.

But if that one were switched to antenna would I still be able to get 115 channels through cable in that tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess it could be behind the fireplace, but I'd be surprised as the amplifier on/off switch has to be reasonably accessible. In my 337, the coax runs from the TV in to the entertainment center then up to one of the the overhead cabinets where the antenna/cable/satellite connection is located.

My amplifier is located behind the satellite/antenna/cable outlet plate in the ceiling of my front bedroom - which is about six inches from where the TV antenna is mounted. It would be very unlike GD not to install the amplifier in the outlet plate nearest to the TV antenna.

Based on the number of channels you received, my GUESS is that TV is hooked up correctly and the amplifier is on (so there should be a green or red LED showing on the antenna outlet). I would also GUESS that the TV that received few channels is either mis-programmed or there is a very loose antenna connection to that TV.

That amplifier switch is tiny, but it is there. Please let us know where you find it and if it is the outlet nearest to the antenna.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just to make sure I am clear...

We have cable at our campsite hooked directly from the pole to the nautalis system. On the nautalis there is a three gang coax plate that read from top to bottom “living/sat”, “cable/cable”, and “aux”. Then there is another single plate on the side of the nautalis that says “bedroom”

I have my cable coming from the pole to a splitter inside the nautalis with one side going to “living” that is working fine. I’m guessing the “cable” one is the pass through in the basement. I have hooked the other leg up to all the other ports and get nothing. The only time I’ve gotten anything in the bedroom was when hooked up to bedroom and “scanned” under sat instead of cable.

My antenna is curbside above the living room.

Guess I’ll pull the plates off and make sure the connections on the back are good.

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware that you were connected to cable. If so, the amplifier needs to be off (light off). Based on the number of channels you got on the one TV, the amplifier is probably off and the 15? channel TV must have a lose connection or be connected improperly (it is set to cable isn't it?)

On my 337, I have the same connections near the Nautilus panel. There is a second plate labeled passthrough which simply runs to the other side of the basement. Just like yours, so far.

When I have park cable, I connect to the cable input and it runs to both TV's and they are connected to the cable/antenna connections near the TV.

My satellite runs directly to my LR TV so I can't help you with that. My Sat antenna has a second output that I connect to the Nautalus panel input labeled BR Satellite. That is connected to the second/satellite coax connection in my BR and the sat receiver is connected to that.

Switching between antenna and cable requires three actions. (TV's need to be connected to the antenna/cable outlet) 1. Turn amplifier on/off. 2. Set TV to cable/antenna. 3. run a scan. Did you do #2 for the TV that got the 15? channels? Can you pick up over the air channels on both TV's with the cable disconnected? If so, all your connections are probably good and TV's are properly configured for antenna. That would narrow the problem down to either the TV is improperly configured or the amplifier is off.

One way or another, you are going to have to find the antenna amplifier so you can switch between antenna and cable. When you unscrew those coax connection plates you'll find one with some gizmos behind the plate - that's it. That plate will have a small pushbutton and LED that you've been missing. I think everyone has trouble finding the button and then it is obvious.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since all the various models seem to be wired and labeled different, about the only thing that might be the same is antenna booster.
    It sends signals from its roof TV antenna Input or its Cable Input out to some of the coax jacks.

I had to trace my wiring out to see how the antenna booster routes the signals to the coax jacks, and to see which jacks just wire directly to another jack.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	317RST TV-Cable Coax Diagram.pdf 
Views:	47 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	13431
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I finally had time off of work to mess with it and the attendant at the RV park I’m in was installing the cable box and WIFI router, so I started digging around and looking for this little button y’all speak of...

I found it on the outlet for the living room TV like some of you had said. Flipped it and went to bedroom to scan for channels and bingo! It worked.

The weird thing was that with the switch in the antenna mode (green light on) the living room TV still got all of the cable channels. Not sure if that’s normal or not.

Just thought I’d give a quick update. Thanks for the help!

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12