User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    When you disconnect your frame heater take pictures of where it is how you got to it. Could always add a switch for dry camping mode. Also wonder what could be done with the fans to save energy. So far I have only heard mine when the ambient air is is hot otherwise I haven't heard them kick on below 75 or so however only been on two trips so far.
    Will do. It appears on the Dometic RM1350SLMX refer the modular plug wires have multiple functions, i may have to splice one wire off and put a SPST switch in between. When I get it figured out I will post my findings/work for everyone that is interested.
    Last edited by CaliforniaJeff; 06-01-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    Jeff
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    RAM 3500 SRW Crew Cummins LB 4WD (Stretch)
    Curt A16
    Battle Born Lithium batteries, Victron BMV-712, GoPower 2k Inverter with remote, Zamp 160W portable Solar,
    Custom converter disable switch for inverter use, more mods in the works

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please note,I am not condoning doing this, providing technical advise or making any recommendations.
    Any changes you make may void your warranty, are your own responsibility and at your own risk!

I posted 3 pics
    - Refer Schematic
    - Control box with circuit board and connections
    - Plug P5 disconnected (circled in yellow)

When performing a test by disconnecting connector P5 the Refer appears to function as before except the power
    draw is about 1.2 amps less than before. Now we see only a power draw of about 0.8 amps on a continual basis!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Refer Schematic RM1350SLMX.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	13194
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Refer Circuit board view.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	13195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Refer Dry Camp Mode.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	13196
    Last edited by CaliforniaJeff; 06-03-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    Jeff
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    Curt A16
    Battle Born Lithium batteries, Victron BMV-712, GoPower 2k Inverter with remote, Zamp 160W portable Solar,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for hunting this down, I want to do this to my fridge also.

I'm trying to get do away with any power robbers for dry camping. I don't have the power that you do. I have removed the grp27 battery and went with 2 deep cycle AGM grp31 batteries. Hoping I can make this work. I plan on getting a portable solarpanel to use. I have built up the frame on the rear to support a Yamaha 3000iseb with remote start if needed to run the A/C, prefer not to run the generator.

I have the Curt A16 also, do you have any clearance problems turning without having a slider? I have A Reese Airbourne Sidewinder as I was worried about the SB Ram which is shorter than the other 2 truck makers.
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a dramatic decrease in power draw from the refer with the plug pulled.
    The portable zamp solar pushes about 8.5 amps per hour in full sun and pretty much replenshes most power i have used each day (in full sun)
    I dont have any clearence issues since i opted for a long bed with the A16. The A16 is at the middle height setting and have about 8-9 inches of clearance over the bed rails.
    Good luck to you, post your results with the refer and power draw.
    Jeff
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    Curt A16

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

OK Jeff I understand the (Stretch) in your signature line. I have a Mega and I was thinking that is what you meant.

I'll let you know the results but my 303 is in storage at this time. I had to store it while I had my concrete pad enlarged, it only took 17 cu yds more to make it the size I wanted. Just waiting for it to cure some before bringing the rig home to park on its new parking place. Should be home next week. Then when it gets home we are replacing the mattress in it with a memory foam one, to be delivered and put in next Friday. Looking forward to the new mattress.
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff. What did disconnecting that wire actually do for the fridge? I have a domestic and it seams the exhaust fans run almost all the time. Trying to figure that out at the moment
    Thanks Mick

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disables the climate heat strip that runs around the refer frame (this is used to keep the interior from icing) and i believe it also disables the exterior fans.
    Last edited by CaliforniaJeff; 06-23-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    Jeff
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    Curt A16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12