Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dump Valve

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dump Valve

On my 2015 Reflection 313, the grey water seems to go straight through (tank not holding it). I am new to RV'ing so excuse the dumb question, but is there anything else other than pushing the grey handle all the way in? I tried to pull it out and push back in and it seems to work (it doesn't feel loose, like something is broken), however the water doesn't stay in the grey tank, it goes out through the sewer outlet. Am I doing anything wrong here, or there's something broken somewhere?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many grey tanks do you have? If more than one, then you likely have a second handle. I have one by the dump pipe and a second in my convenience center.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    How many grey tanks do you have? If more than one, then you likely have a second handle. I have one by the dump pipe and a second in my convenience center.
    The gauge panel shows two so I would say there are two grey water tanks. I only checked the grey valve on the Kantleak panel up front. So you are saying there's another one by the dump pipe? I don't remember seeing one but I'll double check tomorrow as it is late night already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steaua1986 View Post
    The gauge panel shows two so I would say there are two grey water tanks. I only checked the grey valve on the Kantleak panel up front. So you are saying there's another one by the dump pipe? I don't remember seeing one but I'll double check tomorrow as it is late night already.
    I have a second one on mine, but you may not on your model. I believe though, that if you have two tanks you must have two dump valves. Walk around the rv and take a good look underneath.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have a 313 also...was a great trailer. Had 2 gray tanks. One of the dump valves was outside near the sewer pipe connection. If I remember correctly the one in the Kant leak bay was for a tank originally dedicated to a washer. (Another whole issue back then that resulted in a redesign).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for you help ... found the second valve ... sure enough it was open. It was towards the middle, by the axles.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steaua1986 View Post
    Thanks for you help ... found the second valve ... sure enough it was open. It was towards the middle, by the axles.
    sounds like you found the answer to your concern! If we can be of any assistance please give us a call 574-825-9679!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    sounds like you found the answer to your concern! If we can be of any assistance please give us a call 574-825-9679!
    Do these tanks communicate to each other? I noticed tank 2 get's filled when I use the kitchen. Once this one fills up will it start overflowing into tank 1?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to add a valve at the dump hose site and open both gray tank valves to fill both. Remember to close the gray valves before dumping the black tank.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    You would have to add a valve at the dump hose site and open both gray tank valves to fill both. Remember to close the gray valves before dumping the black tank.
    I just got the valve at the dump hose and tried this. Tank 2 filled up full while tank 1 was still empty. Both tank valves are opened and only the one I added at the hose connection is closed. Am I missing anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast