Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have moved this thread to the "Tech Corner" which is monitored by Grand Design. I've also flagged Emily Stahley who can look into the delayed or missing customer service responses.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had great luck with the customer support dept. I have owned my 397th momentum for three months, and I have needed to call them 4 times. Each time I was transferred to someone who helped me out. I give them an a+

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My question didn't have anything to do with "tech" or as I understand tech, it was a ??form or function?? question. Did the rack have an actual function or just some rather stout decorative form thing? So far no one has come up with an answer. I would love to post a picture of it but can't figure out how. Perhaps a little help???

My contact with customer service didn't deal with a crisis happening such as tracing an electrical problem or slide issue so rather than tie up a CS rep on the phone I went the email route. I'm just a bit disappointed in the slow responses. But they have, just slow. Fortunately I don't have any impending need for the rack so no foul. I don't want to remove it an put a real functional wine rack in if in fact it also is a cabinet support for example.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chunker, in the reply box you select the little picture frame and a dialoge box will pop up.(you may have to allow pop ups from this site if you have a pop up blocker)
    Either select your file from your computer ,tablet or phone then select upload OR you link it through the link given where you have it hosted.

What model do you have, it would make it possible for one of us to look up the pictures on line if you still have trouble uploading the picture.

What you have is more than likely a wine rack, even if it were more functional looking there is no way I'd travel with wine in a display rack, that could be alcohol abuse by the time you get where you're going.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    chunker, in the reply box you select the little picture frame and a dialoge box will pop up.(you may have to allow pop ups from this site if you have a pop up blocker)
    Either select your file from your computer ,tablet or phone then select upload OR you link it through the link given where you have it hosted.

What model do you have, it would make it possible for one of us to look up the pictures on line if you still have trouble uploading the picture.

What you have is more than likely a wine rack, even if it were more functional looking there is no way I'd travel with wine in a display rack, that could be alcohol abuse by the time you get where you're going.
    The model is a Solitude 320X 2015. I have tried everything I know but can't get a response to posting a picture. Perhaps my slow connection, crappy apple computer, or operator error. We're thinking it may be a wine rack but it certainly won't secure anything going down the road. 5 bottles tops and not rounded metal parts for a bottle to naturally lie in. But I'm not an interior designer and don't know these fancy ways.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached link with several pictures of 320 including the wine rack being talked about: https://thervman.com/rv/2015-grand-d...railer-c00135/

I just a did a search on Solitude 320 and several links came up.

And yes, as Marcy shared to use when not moving or you could most likely end up with a sweet sticky mess !!!

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pic link Dan, that has to be the worst functioning wine rack on earth!!

chunker, I wouldnt hesitate to take that down. It doesn't hold up or support those cabinets. Darn , I doubt it would hold more than 2 bottles of wine and not well at that.
    We have the same style hutch in our 303 and there is no rack.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Attached link with several pictures of 320 including the wine rack being talked about: https://thervman.com/rv/2015-grand-d...railer-c00135/

I just a did a search on Solitude 320 and several links came up.

And yes, as Marcy shared to use when not moving or you could most likely end up with a sweet sticky mess !!!

Dan
    Yes that's the culprit. You actually could fit 5 bottles in it but they are in precariously. Definitely not for in motion. I'll be looking for something useful to put there, maybe even a shelf.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    Yes that's the culprit. You actually could fit 5 bottles in it but they are in precariously. Definitely not for in motion. I'll be looking for something useful to put there, maybe even a shelf.
    chunker - see this thread where shotgunner installed a shelf to the bottom of the wine rack area post #1 . This wine rack seems to be just like yours I suspect.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ight=rack+wine

In this thread is a picture of the wine rack we use in post #2 . Carol just places it at a 45 degree angle on our hutch in the back left corner.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ight=rack+wine

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It almost pains me to think GD has not handled someone's concerns in a timely manner. I have only ever called, and every time immediately got someone who could help me. In 2 different instances GD has went way above and beyond to accommodate my concern. Living so far from a GD dealer, it has been critical to me that they are so helpful.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    Reese Straight Line Dual Cam
    2005 Yukon XL Denali
    I live where you want to be...except in the winter!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast