User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indiana Rally Discussion Topic - “How Owners Fix Stuff”

At last year’s Indiana Rally, in one of the tech sessions, I went through “how to fix your Kantleak leaks”. This seemed to be well received and the thought for this year is to expand this into something like “How Owners Fix (or improve) Stuff”.

This is a question to those on this forum who will be attending the Rally . . . would you be willing to talk to the group about something you have fixed or improved on your GDRV product? The format would be projector and screen, but I learned last year that folks also really like “hands-on” parts to examine. If you are comfortable creating your own presentation material, that’s great. For others, if you send me your pictures, I can put them up on the screen for you to speak to.

The second part of this is who would be interested in taking part in a seminar like this but maybe not presenting their own projects. If so, what owner fixes or improvements would you like to learn more about?

There is already a "Show & Tell - Open rig walk-throughs” in the Rally plan and this is not intended to duplicate that activity . . . but is focussed more at fixes and improvements that are likely buried in your trailer somewhere and wouldn’t really work for a “Show & Tell"

As “thought starters” . . .
    Plumbing: Pex vs hose, accumulator tank, water pressure gauge, winterizing, faucet replacement, toilet repair, ?
    Electrical: Solar system, additional batteries, handling shore power faults, diagnosing battery problems, ?
    HVAC: AC diagnosis, furnace diagnosis, hatch fans, ?
    Suspension: Bushing replacement, spring replacement, disc brake installation, ?
    (We should probably stay away from best tires or best trucks)

We are in the early planning phase of this idea, so any and all ideas are welcome.
    I am looking for feedback here . . . so please tell me what you think.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds awesome, I'm actually a teacher so this is right up my alley. Unfortunately the rallies seem to be when I'm already back at work. Hopefully in the future I could participate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't yet have a pile of things to present, but would definitely attend this to learn from others. Thanks for the idea and being willing to coordinate it Rob.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Don't yet have a pile of things to present, but would definitely attend this to learn from others. Thanks for the idea and being willing to coordinate it Rob.
    same here.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bob! That sounds like a great idea. I will help
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in, check out my Signature, for things I've added. A few other upgrades were dimmers on lights, led lights in pantry, and bedroom closet. Took down the cor-plastic and added insulation.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob,
    Just a suggestion for another topic .... How to properly redistribute the load on the two legs of your 50 amp power box

Mike
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cate&Rob, I / we would be interested in how to change lights / remove panels / switches. . . . . that don't have screws. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not been able to round up enough interest to make "How Owner's Fix Stuff" an official seminar at the 2018 Indiana Rally .

There is a voluntary owner's "Show & Tell - Open Rig Walk Through" on the Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 where some of the upgrades that we talk about, can be seen. There is also quite a bit of free time throughout the four days, so I would encourage forum participants (or anyone else for that matter) to find forum members who have posted about ideas that you are interested in. Nametags will identify forum participants with a blue bar (if you provided your forum name when you signed up for the Rally) so it will be easier for us to find each other.

Anyone interested in my projects is welcome to stop by our site at any time.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2056.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob
    That would be great. Just looks like one would have to get past those beasts, looks like they are waiting for someone to play with. Being our first time and new owners of the GD product we have learned a lot on this forum. Can't wait to meet others and see the mods and fixes in person and maybe show my few little changes.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast