User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slides and leveling system failure - clicking, popping noise from pump controller

I have a 2018 Solitude 310GK. When I was breaking camp today, the hydraulic slides failed to retract or operate in any way. Operating the retract switch resulted in a clicking/popping sound that originated at the control unit/pump next to the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

I had heard about the 50 vs. 80 amp breaker issue -- so I waited for an auto reset on the breaker to happen. Nothing.

I had just finished installing a new battery bank, so I decided to hot wire the pump/controller to my battery bank's hot bus-bar -- in order to bypass a possibly errant pump breaker. Ultimately, this *seemed* to work. We were able to get the slides back in with no popping. (But I suspect I have a failing relay or solenoid, not a bad breaker. So my guess is my hot-wiring was a coincidence.)

Got the rig home and attempted to unhook it from the tow vehicle. One front jack extended to the ground, then the pump stopped working again. Clicking/popping sound had returned and now I cannot operate either the jacks or the hydraulic slides.

Electric slide in the bedroom works fine. I've got 12.6 volts in the battery, 13+ when I'm on shore power.

Need help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I missed it, but I couldn’t tell from the write up if the breaker was replaced or if the breaker was bypassed when attempting to unhook.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaker was bypassed. Feeding the pump from the 12 V battery bus-bar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the breaker bypassed that leaves the reversing solenoid or pump.

Check connections.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved.

Thanks, Colan. Hobbled the Solitude into my dealer and they determined that electrical connections to the pump were not tight. Not sure which ones, but my pump works now with no clicking/popping. Slides operate as does leveling system.