User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade the front compartment lock on 5er?

Howdy, I've got a Solitude 300GK and am installing an inverter in the front compartment. I'm wondering if anyone has upgrade the lock on the front compartment? Currently mine is a simple cam lock. Mine is keyed to all the other locks on the trailer, I'm not worried about the key, I just want something more secure.
    I searched the forum and found all the posts about those with 751s changing to barrel keys, and changing the slam latches to better ones, and the door lock to electric push button... Nothing on the front compartment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to "modify the door" to change it from a cam lock but if you want to change it out and keep the same key here are your options... http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/LocksKeys/Locks
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I installed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 We can lock keys for the rig in the front compartment, in case we loose the set with us.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed and Cathy K View Post
    This is what I installed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 We can lock keys for the rig in the front compartment, in case we loose the set with us.
    We installed 3 of these on our Reflection 5th Wheel. They work great and I love not having to use a key��

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How do you determine the length you need to order. I guess what I am asking is what measurement on the existing lock do I thake.
    Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    How do you determine the length you need to order. I guess what I am asking is what measurement on the existing lock do I thake.
    Thanks
    Sorry to sound flippant but take a Phillips head screwdriver and take the locking tab off inside the door, then take a crescent wrench and take the nut off inside the door, then take the lock out and measure it. On my 303RLS the front lock is a 7/8" because the front door is not very thick. YMMV

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I have never taken one apart and with my ability to break things I thought I would ask. Should I assume they are all the same on my 220RK. The door are the same thickness.

On last question - are these locks easy to close? Wondering about the nob with the lock code in it - is it easy to grab and turn. I don't have the strength in my hands I used to have.

Thanks - Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks - I have never taken one apart and with my ability to break things I thought I would ask. Should I assume they are all the same on my 220RK. The door are the same thickness.

On last question - are these locks easy to close? Wondering about the nob with the lock code in it - is it easy to grab and turn. I don't have the strength in my hands I used to have.

Thanks - Keith
    If the door is the same thickness then the locks would be the same. I only have 1 lock on my front compartment in the middle. On the two ends of the door are "twist latches". On the side doors of my 5er are slam latches and the doors are much thicker... Hope this helps.
    Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks on my 220RK they did not put slam latches on the side compartments, just the regular twist locks. Door thickness is relative thin - probably to save weight.

Are the combination locks easy to use and twist?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much for security when you can open them with a paperclip on the bottom of the knob??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast