User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phase one of Inverter/Lithium/Solar project done

I completed the first part of my project this weekend. My goal was to keep most components behind the scenes as much as possible and just simply flick a switch to get everything going, but have the entire coach functions available. In the second part I will be installing 960 watts of solar on the roof using the bathroom run pioneered by others.

For incoming power, I installed a hard wired Progressive industries 50A EMS. Since my coach os 50A I needed some way to get one of the hot leads, a neutral, and the ground to the front while allowing the those and the other hot to carry on to the coach. I built a simple power distribution box to split everything off and the shore power continues onto an automatic transfer switch and is connected to the primary power position. I ran the wires from the basement to the front using flex tubing and did not loose and storage space in the garage at all.

For the 12V side of things, the incoming 120V comes from the power distribution box and then attaches to the incoming on the inverter/charger and then the outgoing goes into the automatic transfer switch in the secondary (generator) connections. Both the incoming and outgoing are protected with a 30 breaker. The inverter is fed by three 100 AH Lithium batteries with a 400A fuse and cut off.

I reconfigured the control panel in the original location and was able to fit everything in the same space as original and also ran the panel for the solar controller so that I don't need to mess with that area again when I install the solar panels in a couple of months.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project front .jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	13228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project inv.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	13230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project batts.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	13232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project sw-dist.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	13231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Proj pannel.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	13229

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    I completed the first part of my project this weekend. My goal was to keep most components behind the scenes as much as possible and just simply flick a switch to get everything going, but have the entire coach functions available. In the second part I will be installing 960 watts of solar on the roof using the bathroom run pioneered by others.

For incoming power, I installed a hard wired Progressive industries 50A EMS. Since my coach os 50A I needed some way to get one of the hot leads, a neutral, and the ground to the front while allowing the those and the other hot to carry on to the coach. I built a simple power distribution box to split everything off and the shore power continues onto an automatic transfer switch and is connected to the primary power position. I ran the wires from the basement to the front using flex tubing and did not loose and storage space in the garage at all.

For the 12V side of things, the incoming 120V comes from the power distribution box and then attaches to the incoming on the inverter/charger and then the outgoing goes into the automatic transfer switch in the secondary (generator) connections. Both the incoming and outgoing are protected with a 30 breaker. The inverter is fed by three 100 AH Lithium batteries with a 400A fuse and cut off.

I reconfigured the control panel in the original location and was able to fit everything in the same space as original and also ran the panel for the solar controller so that I don't need to mess with that area again when I install the solar panels in a couple of months.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project front .jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	13228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project inv.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	13230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project batts.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	13232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Project sw-dist.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	13231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inverter Proj pannel.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	13229
    curious, are you planning on running an a/c unit off of this system? seems like you would have plenty of power.
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks good!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great use of space!
    I like the battery rack.
    I have 4 of those same batteries but now I’m thinking I need a custom rack like yours, so we could add another 2 batteries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not check, you may be able to stack one more, but it would be tight. I think if I am going to add any more, I will add them on the other side and create a buss bar. I am hoping that three will be enough, only time will tell.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dopperud,
    Very impressive set up and pictures! Thank you!
    I just purchased 3 BB lithium batteries, a Victron 3000W inverter / charger, and a BMS at the Vegas rally. I was looking on the forum to see if I could mount the new batteries etc. in the front compartment of our 337RLS instead of the larger storage area. Your info answered my question. I will have to have someone do the install as I don't want to mess anything up. Still need to purchase solar panels as well. Was thinking Zamp Solar. Maybe two 170W panels.
    Question - Have you upgarded the locking system on the access door? I'm worried about theft with the cheezy lock that comes stock.

Thanks again!
    -Rick
    Rick & B
    2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 4x4 6.7L, LB, SRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS Fifth Wheel
    Pullrite Superlite 20K

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, I was at the Vegas rally, we should have met up and I could have shown you the whole set up.

To answer your question, I replaced all my locks for a single key system from RVLocks. When I did this, I added two of the key locks and moved one of the thumb locks to the middle spot. Security in the front compartment is minimal at best, a screw driver and a couple of minutes could bend the door in half.

Do what you can and then relax, that’s what insurance is for.

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, would have been nice to see. Great tips on the locks. True on the insurance...

Thanks and safe travels!
    Rick & B
    2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 4x4 6.7L, LB, SRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS Fifth Wheel
    Pullrite Superlite 20K

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much weight can the forward battery cmpt take?
    have been unable to get max weights for this storage area with battery...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sthfl2000 View Post
    How much weight can the forward battery cmpt take?
    have been unable to get max weights for this storage area with battery...
    I am not sure, but the 3 Battle Borns are about the same weight as a lead acid and the weight is better distributed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast