User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the OP has reported, this is his 5th fifth wheel so I think we should assume he knows how to operate an RV refrigerator. My guess is that his is defective. Not unheard of with these things.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, but sometimes even veterans overlook some things. The flapper no closing properly is not uncommon and yet easy to miss.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow-up: Still waiting on parts. Refrigerator doors were sent, but were damaged. They were resent. Now, I am being told this time two packages of thermostats were sent......one package was empty and one contained a thermostat NOT recommended for our model of refrigerator. So, we continue to wait. The dealer has been very attentive to calling me every week and giving me updates on the status. They are at the mercy of the suppliers. We have now cancelled two separate weeks of reservations that we had planned. I have sent emails to Grand Design and did receive one reply. A rep called our home (we work) and left a message. I have made two attempts to call the gentleman back. Regardless, nothing can give us back the lost time. My neighbors are enjoying the yard and flowers as I am home to mow and water......looking for the upside. Thank you for all the expert ideas shared by fellow-owners. They are all much appreciated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design has contacted me via email and said the refrigerator doors have been replaced and the cooling issues remain. We are now working on week 5 of not having our new RV for the camping season here in West Virginia. The suggestion was made by our Grand Design contact that we may consider using the RV without the use of a working refrigerator. I am wondering when Grand Design may consider the refrigerator a "lemon" and pull the entire appliance, replacing it with a working one. The dealership calls me each week to discuss the problem, the remedy attempted and the outcome. They are doing all that they can. Other than one email (today) and two phone messages, I have not heard from Grand Design. I have made repeated attempts to talk to a live person, but only get voicemail.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d contact the refrigerator manufacturer as your warranty is with them as well.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12