User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just looked at mine and I don't have the issue currently. Could your bushings be worn allowing for more movement? I know that Reese did or is still replacing some bushings. Not sure the models though. Still puzzled here.

On edit - What color are you bushings? They appear to be gray? Mine are the current yellow/orange ones. Just wondering.
    If they are a different co;or, perhaps Reese will replace them with their current ones. I know mine are very snug, even the pin is a tight fit.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by powerscol; 05-17-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bushings appear tight, they are yellow the hitch is 4 years old and has 20000 miles on it. I’ll see what they send the tech guy was talking the klik pins but they do come in a kit with bushings and Head Pins. Thanks for the responses.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please let us know what they send. I appreciate the heads up and will be checking for this issue.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreitz View Post
    This allows the Head Pin to rotate and the Klik Pin to go around freely
    Clever solution, Wreitz !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received the klik pins part # 55478. I will start adding checking the position of the Head Pins when I do my pre hook up check. Have painted half the Head Pin head black so I can know at a glance it's position. Thinking the Head Pin does not rotate with weight of RV on the hitch but probably during the time it's empty being jostled around in the bed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the same R20 hitch.(30867). I just wish I could get my trailer unhooked 50% of the time without having to remove the hitch from my pickup and raise the hitch till it drops off of trailer. I have to pull the 4 pins off of the rails and drop the hitch after much trying to unhook regular.. I'm not new to 5th wheels. Greased all parts with lithium grease. Happens with sidewinder pinbox. Anybody got any ideas? Reese was no help.. This is my second of the same hitch. 50% would be generous, It worked right 1 time out of about 25. Jaws just won't release.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhitch

Quote Originally Posted by oubruceb View Post
    I use the same R20 hitch.(30867). I just wish I could get my trailer unhooked 50% of the time without having to remove the hitch from my pickup and raise the hitch till it drops off of trailer. I have to pull the 4 pins off of the rails and drop the hitch after much trying to unhook regular.. I'm not new to 5th wheels. Greased all parts with lithium grease. Happens with sidewinder pinbox. Anybody got any ideas? Reese was no help.. This is my second of the same hitch. 50% would be generous, It worked right 1 time out of about 25. Jaws just won't release.
    Have had to lift RV just off the hitch block RV wheels and shift the truck into neutral and move off the pin shift back into park then pull hitch handle back to unlock. Some times it takes some adjusting up or down to get it just right

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chalk the trailer tires and back the rig into them, or forward depending on what is needed, lower the landing gear to just take the weight off the hitch (no gap but head will move slightly). If you have a gap you are binding up the jaws. Put truck in neutral to equalize pressure (I sometimes hear a click), put back in park and lift and pull release handle, Should release. If not repeat, but this time put in drive/neutral/reverse/neutral/park rocking the pin in the head. Never takes more then 2 tries. The handle should be up in the unlock position doing this. If there are two of you the second person can pull on the release handle; while you rock the truck. I do the same rocking when hooking up. I can get the locking handle to close, but only 98% of the way (green indicator says locked). By rocking I get a definite click and handle lays totally flat ready for the locking pin or padlock.

Question - by chance are you using a thin lube plate on the king pin? If you are, take it off Reese says with this hitch not to use them. The tolerances are so tight with the locking jaws they can bind up, or not lock or release.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by powerscol; 04-04-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Chalk the trailer tires and back the rig into them, or forward depending on what is needed, lower the landing gear to just take the weight off the hitch (no gap but head will move slightly). If you have a gap you are binding up the jaws. Put truck in neutral to equalize pressure (I sometimes hear a click), put back in park and lift and pull release handle, Should release. If not repeat, but this time put in drive/neutral/reverse/neutral/park rocking the pin in the head. Never takes more then 2 tries. The handle should be up in the unlock position doing this. If there are two of you the second person can pull on the release handle; while you rock the truck. I do the same rocking when hooking up. I can get the locking handle to close, but only 98% of the way (green indicator says locked). By rocking I get a definite click and handle lays totally flat ready for the locking pin or padlock.

Question - by chance are you using a thin lube plate on the king pin? If you are, take it off Reese says with this hitch not to use them. The tolerances are so tight with the locking jaws they can bind up, or not lock or release.

Hope this helps
    I do have airbags and when truck is in neutral I release a little air and the movement helps the truck move off the pin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123