User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corpus Christi, Tx

Wife wants to hit up Corpus Christi,tx Fathers Day weekend.

I am hoping someone in the room has visited there and could advise maybe of a good place to setup for a few days.
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a few miles down the road from CC but we recently stayed for 3 weeks at Majestic Oaks RV park located between Aransas Pass and Rockport - nice park and their new swimming pool should be open by now.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its dry camping, but Padre Island National Seashore is one of our favorites. No reservations so get there early. If the campground is full, there's Bird Island or 60 miles of beach to camp on.

I think Mustang Island SP is still closed, but I've heard that Goose Island SP is open again.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several RV parks in the Port Aransas - Rockport area. We spent a couple of week at Pioneer RV Park last February and enjoyed it enough to plan on staying there a month next February.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't made it down that far yet. Nice to know the recommendations of camping down there. Would be nice to go south and west over around Big Bend as well. Wife and I are planning a trip to Galveston again for a few days. We can get there from Bastrop in about 3.5 hours and on one tank of diesel. Get set up and enjoy a few days before heading back. Just need to carve out more time to go father away.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    Its dry camping, but Padre Island National Seashore is one of our favorites. No reservations so get there early. If the campground is full, there's Bird Island or 60 miles of beach to camp on.

I think Mustang Island SP is still closed, but I've heard that Goose Island SP is open again.
    do you actually park on the beach?
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    There are several RV parks in the Port Aransas - Rockport area. We spent a couple of week at Pioneer RV Park last February and enjoyed it enough to plan on staying there a month next February.
    Just checked them out and they don't have any sites large enough to get us in, ugh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    do you actually park on the beach?
    Absolutely. Just don't get up in the dunes and don't be on the beach if there is a severe storm or ultra high tide. We started tent camping on the beach 30+ years ago and it is our favorite place.

The first five miles of beach are occasionally graded and can be driven with a 4x2 (but be careful), but south of that you need four wheel drive. Be reasonably careful and you won't have any problem driving. Nearly every season, we see at least one car that didn't pay attention and got caught by the tide.

Go three to five miles down the island and there is usually lots of space between campers and most people go home at dark.

Nowdays, we prefef the campground that has flush toilets and cold showers, but camping on the beach is our fall back site if we get there late. There's no reservations so the best time to arrive is early in the week and early in the day as the campground tends to fill up Fridays and weekends. There's a dump station/water point near the campground. $8/night, $4/night with a Sr. pass. $10/car entrance fee.

Bird Island is on the Laguna Madre side of the island and has flat water so is good for sailboarding, etc.

The nearest stores and gas station is about 8 miles up the road from the campground. 12 miles to Walmart/HEB so stock up before you get there.

For boondocking there's also Magnolia Beach up the coast at Port Oconnor. Just some public beach area on the bay.

For those with military privilages, NAS Corpus has a large RV park on the bay. All the conveniences are on base or right outside the gate.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE!!! found a place in Port Aransas for this coming weekend, that had a cancellation, it is a brand new RV resort! We will make sure to follow up and let everyone know if it is worth putting in the log as a place to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Port A RV resort. Nice place, nice people. Only stayed 1 night but left with a good feeling to return anytime! And there is a Dominoes right across the street!
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast