Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with TV booster

We are unable to get any channels when I tell the TV to scan. This is a new problem as we had working TV when we were camping. Something appears to have happened on the trip home. I checked the booster behind the TV in the living area (we have a 2018 Reflection 303rls) and the red light does not stay on when I push in the booster activation button. I took the booster plate off the wall and the LED light flickers when I push the button, but doesn't remain "ON". I'm assuming I have a bad circuit board or switch for the booster. Has anybody else run into this problem and if so, how did you fix it? I'm thinking that I need a new board, but not sure wherre to get one. Thanks in advance for any help!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    We are unable to get any channels when I tell the TV to scan. This is a new problem as we had working TV when we were camping. Something appears to have happened on the trip home. I checked the booster behind the TV in the living area (we have a 2018 Reflection 303rls) and the red light does not stay on when I push in the booster activation button. I took the booster plate off the wall and the LED light flickers when I push the button, but doesn't remain "ON". I'm assuming I have a bad circuit board or switch for the booster. Has anybody else run into this problem and if so, how did you fix it? I'm thinking that I need a new board, but not sure wherre to get one. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Interesting, the antenna signal booster is in the ceiling of the bedroom not behind the TV on our 2018 303. Do you have a green light on the booster in the bedroom? Now, if different, make 100% sure you have proper voltage to the booster, turn it on, if no light, like mentioned, contact your dealer and have them swap it out or if you are doing it yourself, take them the bad part and have then hand you a new one. If on the road, almost any RV store or amazon is your friend to buy one...

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    The only booster is behind the TV in the living area - there isn't one in the bedroom. Plus, ours has a red light. (It is an AntennaTek booster.) All of the wires are tight and there is power. I'll swap it out myself - not worth hauling the trailer down to Bath for something this easy. I just contacted Wilkins and they are in the process of getting one for me.
    Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing to lose by pulling it out of the wall and shooting it with some contact cleaner, might be just a dirty switch.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Nothing to lose by pulling it out of the wall and shooting it with some contact cleaner, might be just a dirty switch.
    Doug, it's worth a try as I have nothing to lose. Thanks!
    Eric
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    The only booster is behind the TV in the living area - there isn't one in the bedroom. Plus, ours has a red light. (It is an AntennaTek booster.) All of the wires are tight and there is power. I'll swap it out myself - not worth hauling the trailer down to Bath for something this easy. I just contacted Wilkins and they are in the process of getting one for me.
    Thanks!
    Very interesting. Same model year but yours is a later build. Nothing behind my TV at all and this is in the bedroom ceiling where the bedroom TV would go...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180609_141331331.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	13323
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had the same issue......as many with the coax cabling in the units. Finally went to the roof antenna, King Jack, and removed the head (antenna), 3 screws. unscrewed the 4 screw plate to expose the coax connection....had the red light on the antenna unit. Had to cover up with a towel to see the dim light on. Disconnected and reconnected the coax connect........scanned and recd the local stations. Don't know what I did. Coax connection was tight on the antenna head but this worked. I do leave the booster on off when not using from now on. Be careful with the antenna connection which is a very small diameter cable.
    Good luck
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing I forgot....
    https://kingconnect.com/wp-content/u...D-05-13-16.pdf
    Don't know if your antenna is the King Jack but this helped me also.
    Tom
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom - thanks for your information. I took off the plate/power booster (it's an AntennaTek) from the wall and when I removed the cable that is connected to the antenna (King), the booster light went on. When I reattached the antenna lead, the light went off. I have power to the booster, so I'm thinking the problem lies with the antenna.

Eric
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom - thanks for your information. I took off the plate/power booster (it's an AntennaTek) from the wall and when I removed the cable that is connected to the antenna (King), the booster light went on. When I reattached the antenna lead, the light went off. I have power to the booster, so I'm thinking the problem lies with the antenna.

Eric
    I'm having the same problem with mine. Did you resolve this and how? I bought new antennatek power booster boards twice and still the light goes off when I connect the antenna source