Thread: Slide Toppers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Toppers

Hello,
    We bought an 2018 337RLS Fiver. Was wondering what the company's thoughts about toppers for my unit. The curb side slide has an awning on it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for a topper ?
    Share your idea's please
    Thanks Joe

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe,
    I have a 18 303 and I’m getting the curb side (2) slides done Wednesday. The street side, no one seems to know how to install an awning, but it can be done. Another member, Butch50 had his dealer do all 3 slides on his 18, 303.

I will get the street side topper done as soon as I can educate someone on how to do this. With leaving on vacation in 2 weeks, for 2 1/2 weeks, that awning has to wait..
    (Thanks Butch50 for all the help, and pop in here if you see this.)

You should join the forum as a site sponsor for $12.00 per year. Then you will be able to see pictures, threads, etc. (under paid membership top of page).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had them installed on ours. It's a snug fit, but they all work. The toppers and both awnings.
    Jim and Tonya
    Fur baby Sadie
    2011 f350 ccs lb
    2019 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HappyCampers,
    Any chance you can snap a picture of how the awning topper “mounts” on the street side, above the force awning?
    I need to show my installer how to mount the brackets.

Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how. My phone is not uploading pics. Will have to try again when I have wifi.
    Jim and Tonya
    Fur baby Sadie
    2011 f350 ccs lb
    2019 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesann View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for a topper ?
    My forward awning actually rests on my kitchen slide topper when it extends, not much clearance. I'll try to post a picture for you later this week, we are in transit mode and I don't have time today.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After MUCH research, I am in the process of installing a topper on the curb-side of our '18 303RLS, right now ! I purchased a Lippert Solera 144" inch model from Amazon which is one size smaller than what would normally be recommended for that slide out. Your 303 already has the topper mounting rail factory installed, but if you want a little more "slant" to the topper there is room to mount another rail above it. I think I will just use the existing rail. You will have to install the topper brackets above the existing awning bracket as low as possible right onto the slide-out top flange but there is room there for the brackets. Actually, my brackets will be going on in about an hour !
    The whole secret is to install the topper roll so that the forward end torsion bar (that's the vertical part from the bracket to the end of the topper roll tube) has enough clearance to allow the main awning support arm to clear it during extension and retraction - you will have to decide how much clearance is enough. This will put the forward end of the topper fabric quite close to the slide-out edge at the forward edge and it will overhang slightly more at the back edge. This is why you need to get one size smaller topper - the 144 " Solera model is part #V000168328 .

Good luck

...VTX-Al

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180608_184037.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	13372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180608_184037.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	13372Hopefully this works
    Jim and Tonya
    Fur baby Sadie
    2011 f350 ccs lb
    2019 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HappyCamper,
    Yes, this helps. Thanks for the pictures.

VTX-AL
    Thanks for the write. I will be at my dealer to discuss this and get them moving.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I am understanding the situation, you said the curb side (door side) slide has an awning over it, and you want to add a slide topper. Looking at pictures of the 337 the awning is not over the slide. Maybe you could post a picture of what you are looking at.

On my 376 the awning does come out over the kitchen slide, and we had a topper installed on the slide also. They fit snuggly. Here is a picture of the awning in:

As the awning comes out, it rolls over the slide topper. The awning material does rest slightly on the topper bar, but not much.

I will not slide the kitchen slide without the awning being in and secure. It would probably work just fine, but I don't see the need to test the clearances.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast