User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD 310 GK versus 310 GK R, price difference.

Howdy everyone, love this site!

My wife and I are selling our boat/yacht and are getting ready to pull the trigger on a 310 GK. (Land yacht.) We have decided on the “R” version, but we are having a difficult time trying to determine the suggested retail price difference between the two models. Any one have an idea what that should be?
    Any particular thoughts on the GK versus GK R?

Thanks ahead of time.

Cam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no price difference.

The R is the residential refer and it is a dollar for dollar no charge option.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom,

Thanks so much. Does the "R" also have an inverter to run the refrigerator of the trucks power while underway?

Thanks,

Cam

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cam,

We just purchased a 310GK. The decision on a gas vs a residential fridge was high on our list. You may want to consider the repair cost and issues surrounding a residential. I was told that if it needed service that RV technicians could not service and had to call appliance repair to come to the dealer to service it. Should it need to be replaced the slide would have to be removed since the fridge won't fiit through the door. This could be quite expensive. The gas models are easier to repair or replace. Just something for consideration.

Eric

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric,

Thanks so much, so we are back to the 310GK. I appreciate your input.

Cam

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusingHawks View Post
    Cam,

We just purchased a 310GK. The decision on a gas vs a residential fridge was high on our list. You may want to consider the repair cost and issues surrounding a residential. I was told that if it needed service that RV technicians could not service and had to call appliance repair to come to the dealer to service it. Should it need to be replaced the slide would have to be removed since the fridge won't fiit through the door. This could be quite expensive. The gas models are easier to repair or replace. Just something for consideration.

Eric
    Eric - valuable post as I had never thought about the residential fridge not able to be taken out through the door of the RV w/o significant costs to do so......ouch !
    And these days in the low cost race, more and more appliances (even top end) are being built with less than robust components not to last but to be just replaced rather than serviced.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The residential fridge will fit out the door of the Solitude but you have to take the doors off fridge to get it out. The Gas fridge is about 1 inch wider than the residential fridge with both having the doors removed. Personnel I get better responds from my locally repair guy then I do from a RV dealer. We had our residential dishwasher worked on and the repair cost less than 1 hour at the RV dealer and that included parts. Cost of replacing gas fridge range between 3000 and 5000 dollars.

The real negative is if you do a lot of boondocking and having to provide the power required to run a residential fridge but if you spend most of your time in RV parks then the residential fridge is nice option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the "R" model based on the fact that sister & b-i-l have SOB 5th wheel w/ a residential fridge - they've had zero issues w/ the unit after 3 years and were impressed w/ how quickly it cools down when getting ready for a camping trip. We've found that the Samsung in our unit also cools down rapidly and seems more consistent in holding the temp than previous Norcold/Dometic units that we've had in other RV's. After having this residential fridge, it would be hard to convince the wife and myself to go back to the other style.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the R. It does have an inverter and two batteries.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I have a question. If you have two batteries and a inverter, how many hours can you travel with the refrigerator running on battery power? Does the tow vehicle connection keep the two batteries charged?

This has always been my concern. Sometimes we travel long distances over a two day period with a 5 to 6 hour overnight stop at a Walmart or truck stop. Can this be accomplished?
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast